The BIG CAT Safari – A Magical Kenya Signature Experience
A special offer at an unbeatable price: an 8 day fly-in safari from US$ 4165 per person all-inclusive for 7 nights / 8 days on safari to the Porini Camps. Plus, option to add extra nights at a greatly reduced rate on normal prices.
Paka Kubwa means “Big Cat” in Swahili and this safari allows guests to immerse themselves in an authentic wildlife and cultural safari in pioneering and in globally recognized conservancies, engaging with communities in a meaningful way and striving to have the travellers leave (and return) as friends. This 8 day adventure offers some of the best wildlife viewing in Africa hosted and guided by local Masai members and leaders of the community. The Big Cat Safari experience takes you to rich and iconic locations in Kenya including Nairobi National Park, Selenkay Conservancy in Amboseli, Ol pejeta Conservancy in Laikipia and Ol Kinyei & Naboisho Conservancies and Mara Reserve. Guests get to stay at gold eco-rated facilities and the tour visits two of three IUCN Green destinations in Kenya – Ol Kinyei and Ol Pejeta Conservancies.
Price includes accommodation, meals, drinks, park fees, game drives in 4×4 vehicles and flying between the parks.
This price represents a huge saving on normal rates and the safari itinerary for 7 nights includes:
- 1 night Nairobi Tented Camp, Nairobi National Park (Only Park next to a major capital in the world)
- 2 nights Porini Amboseli Camp, Selenkay Conservancy, Amboseli (Exclusive to Porini )
- 2 nights Porini Rhino Camp, Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Laikipia (An IUCN Green list destination)
- 2 nights Porini Mara Camp, Ol Kinyei Conservancy, Maasai Mara (Exclusive to Porini & An IUCN Green list destination )
Extra nights can be added at a special discounted rate – see below for details.
Wildlife and Safari Highlights:
- Flights between areas to get you straight to the wildlife without spending hours travelling between the parks over rough roads.
- Tour visits two of only 3 IUCN green list destinations in Kenya.
- Game drives from the camps in shared 4×4 safari vehicles (not vans) with professional guides. (Private vehicles available at a supplement).
- Walks with Maasai warriors, visit to authentic Maasai village, opportunity for night game drives, exclusive wilderness areas with no tourist minibuses.
- An authentic safari experience staying in small exclusive camps with spacious guest tents, comfortably furnished with private bathrooms, solar lights and located in attractive unspoilt natural settings.
- At the camps all meals, drinks (wine, gin & tonic, beer, sodas, mineral water), game drives, walks, night drives and sundowners are included in the price.
- The Porini Safari Camps are small and exclusive and run on the same environmentally sound principles – working closely with the local communities. All camps are specially designed to have minimum impact with no permanent structures.
All-inclusive Price per adult for 7 nights in a twin/double tent:
- Porini Camps shut 17 Apr to 31 May
- 1 – 30 June 2022: US$ 4295
- 1 July – 30 September 2022: US$ 5740
- 1 -31 October 2022: US$ 4295
- 1 November – 20 December 2022: US$ 4165
- 21 – 31 December 2022: US$ 5335
Supplement for Sole Use of a Twin / Double Tent (per tour): US$ 1030 (1 July – 30 September & 21 December – 2 January) and US$ 775 (all other dates)
Child sharing with 2 adults or 2 children in own Tent: US$ 3425 per child aged 8 to 11 years / US$ 3765 per child aged 12 to 16 years (1 July to 30 September & 21 December to 2 January) and US$ 2795 per child aged 8 to 11 years / US$ 3120 per child aged 12 to 16 years (all other dates).
OPTIONAL EXTRA NIGHTS at special discounted rates (US $ per adult) can be added to the tour at Porini Amboseli camp or Porini Rhino Camp or Porini Mara Camp and even move to our Porini Lion Camp in the Olare Motorogi conservancy in the Mara. See below add on prices for your extra night.
Prices at Porini Camps include all accommodation, meals, selected drinks, day & night game drives in 4×4 vehicles, bush meals, guided walks, sundowners and Conservancy fees. Maasai Village visit included at Porini Amboseli Camp.
- Flights: from Nairobi to Selenkay Airstrip for Porini Amboseli Camp*, flight to Nanyuki for Porini Rhino Camp, flight to the Mara for Porini Mara Camp. Flight back to Nairobi on last day.
- Accommodation in double / twin tent and all meals
- Free drinks (wine, beer, gin & tonics, soft drinks, mineral water)
- All game drives in open-sided 4×4 safari vehicles with qualified guides, in the conservancies and a full day in
Amboseli Park and in the Mara Reserve.
- Porini Rhino Camp also includes visits to Baraka the Black Rhino & Ol Pejeta’s Information Centre and the Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Optional activities at Ol Pejeta include: The Endangered Species Boma (to see the World’s last 2 remaining Northern White Rhino), Lion Tracking, Riding with Rhinos and Junior Rangers.
- All park fees and conservancy fees.
- Nature walks and visit to Maasai village in Selenkay.
- Sundowners at a scenic spot after game drives.
- Night game drives.
- All taxes, no hidden extras after arrival!
- *Note: Flights to Selenkay Airstrip operate from 20 Dec to 31st March. Outside those dates the transfers to Porini Amboseli Camp are by road and the outward transfer to Nairobi is by scheduled flight from Amboseli National Park airfield.
- International flights to Kenya, Visas, Travel Insurance, Vaccinations, Gratuities.