A special offer at an unbeatable price: an 8 day fly-in safari from US$ 4080 per person all-inclusive for 7 nights / 8 days on safari to the Porini Camps. Plus, option to add extra nights at a greatly reduced rate on normal prices.
Paka Kubwa means “Big Cat” in Swahili and this safari offers an excellent chance of seeing the big cats by combining stays at the Porini Camps and game drives in Nairobi National Park, Selenkay Conservancy, Amboseli National Park, Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Laikipia, Ol Kinyei & Naboisho Conservancies and Mara Reserve.
Price includes accommodation, meals, drinks, park fees, game drives in 4×4 vehicles and flying between the parks.
This price represents a huge saving on normal rates and the safari itinerary for 7 nights includes:
- 1 night Nairobi Tented Camp, Nairobi National Park
- 2 nights Porini Amboseli Camp, Selenkay Conservancy, Amboseli
- 2 nights Porini Rhino Camp, Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Laikipia
- 2 nights Porini Mara Camp, Ol Kinyei Conservancy, Maasai Mara
Extra nights can be added at a special discounted rate – see below for details.
Wildlife and Safari Highlights:
- Flights between areas to get you straight to the wildlife without spending hours travelling between the parks over rough roads.
- Game drives from the camps in shared 4×4 safari vehicles (not vans) with professional guides. (Private vehicles available at a supplement).
- Walks with Maasai warriors, visit to authentic Maasai village, opportunity for night game drives, exclusive wilderness areas with no tourist minibuses.
- An authentic safari experience staying in small exclusive camps with spacious guest tents, comfortably furnished with private bathrooms, solar lights and located in attractive unspoilt natural settings.
- At the camps all meals, drinks (wine, gin & tonic, beer, sodas, mineral water), game drives, walks, night drives and sundowners are included in the price.
- The Porini Safari Camps are small and exclusive and run on the same environmentally sound principles – working closely with the local communities. All camps are specially designed to have minimum impact with no permanent structures.
All-inclusive Price per adult for 7 nights in a twin/double tent:
- 3 January – 14 April 2021: US$ 4080
- 15 April – 31 May 2021: (Porini Camps are closed)
- 1 – 30 June 2021: US$ 4270
- 1 July – 30 September 2021: US$ 5190
- 1 October – 20 December 2021: US$ 4270
- 21 December 2021 to 2 January 2022: US$ 5190
Children sharing with 2 adults (or 2 or 3 children in own tent):
- 1 July to 30 September & 21 December to 2 January: US$ 3230 per child aged 8 to 11 years / US$ 3695 per child aged 12 to 16 years
- All other dates: US$ 2620 per child aged 8 to 11 years / US$ 3070 per child aged 12 to 16 years
OPTIONAL EXTRA NIGHTS at special discounted rates (US $ per adult):
Add 1 night at Amboseli Camp or Porini Rhino Camp
- 3 Jan to 15 Apr 2021 $ 410
- 1 Jun to 30 Jun 2021 $ 410
- 1 Jul to 10 Oct 2021 $ 590
- 11 Oct to 31 Oct 2021: $ 425
- 1 Nov to 20 Dec 2021: $ 425
- 21 Dec 2021 to 2 Jan 2022 $ 590
- Please note: the camps are closed mid Apr to end May.
Add 1 night at Porini Mara Camp:
- 3 Jan to 15 Apr 2021: $ 425
- 1 Jun to 30 Jun 2021: $ 445
- 1 Jul to 10 Oct 2021 $ 605
- 11 Oct to 31 Oct 2021: $ 440
- 1 Nov to 20 Dec 2021: $ 440
- 21 Dec 2021 to 2 Jan 2022 $ 605
Add a minimum of 2 nights at Porini Lion Camp (inclusive of road transfers) if 6 nights booked at the other camps:
- 3 Jan – 15 Apr 2021 $ 485 per night
- 1 Jun – 30 Jun 2021 $ 510 per night
- 1 Jul – 10 Oct 2021: $ 660 per night
- 11 Oct – 31 Oct 2021: $ 510 per night
- 1 Nov – 20 Dec 2021: $ 485 per night
- 21 Dec 2021 – 2 Jan 2022 $ 660 per night
Prices at Porini Camps include all accommodation, meals, selected drinks, day & night game drives in 4×4 vehicles, bush meals, guided walks, sundowners and Conservancy fees. Maasai Village visit included at Porini Amboseli Camp.
Supplement for Single Occupancy of a tent (per night) at Porini Camps: 3 Jan to 30 Jun 2021 & 1 Nov to 20 Dec 2021 $100, 1 Jul to 31 Oct 2021 & 21 Dec 2021 to 2 Jan 2022: $160
- Flights: from Nairobi to Selenkay Airstrip for Porini Amboseli Camp*, flight to Nanyuki for Porini Rhino Camp, flight to the Mara for Porini Mara Camp. Flight back to Nairobi on last day.
- Accommodation in double / twin tent and all meals
- Free drinks (wine, beer, gin & tonics, soft drinks, mineral water)
- All game drives in open-sided 4×4 safari vehicles with qualified guides, in the conservancies and a full day in
Amboseli Park and in the Mara Reserve.
- Porini Rhino Camp also includes visits to Baraka the Black Rhino & Ol Pejeta’s Information Centre and the Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Optional activities at Ol Pejeta include: The Endangered Species Boma (to see the World’s last 2 remaining Northern White Rhino), Lion Tracking, Riding with Rhinos and Junior Rangers.
- All park fees and conservancy fees.
- Nature walks and visit to Maasai village in Selenkay.
- Sundowners at a scenic spot after game drives.
- Night game drives.
- All taxes, no hidden extras after arrival!
- *Note: Flights to Selenkay Airstrip operate from 20 Dec to 31st March. Outside those dates the transfers to Porini Amboseli Camp are by road and the outward transfer to Nairobi is by scheduled flight from Amboseli National Park airfield.
- International flights to Kenya, Visas, Travel Insurance, Vaccinations, Gratuities.