Nimali Tarangire lodge has a wonderful location on the eastern boundary of Tanzania’s Tarangire National Park, an area renowned for its excellent game viewing opportunities and its large concentration of elephants.
The lodge is set along the river in the shade of acacia and baobab trees, overlooking a waterhole that attracts a wealth of wildlife. Guests can enjoy an array of activities from the lodge and can also simply relax on their private veranda and watch the animals come to drink.
Tarangire provides excellent habitat for lion, leopard, buffalo and many antelope species unique to East Africa. These include lesser kudu, fringe eared oryx and Grants gazelle. Herds of up to 300 elephants dig for water in the dry riverbeds for underground streams, while migratory wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, impala, gazelle, hartebeest and eland crowd the plains.
At Nimali Tarangire natural materials are beautifully combined with contemporary decor to provide a comfortable base from which to explore the area.
The main areas comprise of a spacious lounge, library and a central dining area that overlooks the swimming pool and waterhole. Every evening, guests are able to relax in the lounge and have sundowners by the fireplace.
Unlike other parks, Tarangire offers guests the opportunity to enjoy walking safaris and night game drives.
The lodge has 6 well-spaced tented suites overlooking the Sand River. From their private veranda guests can relax and unwind as they take in the sights and sounds of the natural surroundings.
The tents are designed with a contemporary look complete with fixed bathroom walls and wooden doors. They are comfortably furnished and have an en suite bathroom with hot showers and flush toilets (24 hour water). Amenities include writing desk, bathrobes / slippers, hairdryer, in-room safe, solar and generator power and battery charging facilities.
(* pre-booking required)
- Game drives with professional guides providing great sighting and knowledge of the wild animals. Guests expect to see huge herds of Elephants, tree climbing Lions and also animals unique to East Africa such as Lesser Kudu, Fringe Eared Oryx & Grants Gazelle.
- Night game drives* are an opportunity for the guests to see the nightlife of the park and reveal the elusive magic of nocturnal Africa. Night game drives must be booked in prior to arrival in order to guarantee space.
- Get closer to nature with Walking Safaris* with the experienced and knowledgeable guides (walks are accompanied by an armed Ranger).
- Fly camping* is offered for those looking for an adventurous experience. It is a small and intimate lightweight camp setup in an exclusive area away from the main camp and usually booked as part of a walking safari. (This must be booked prior to arrival at the lodge).
- Balloon Safaris* are done in the mornings & must be booked prior to arrival at the Lodge.
- The Maasai village tour* offers an insight to the livelihood and culture of the Maasai people. Guests will have an opportunity to watch the Maasai sing and dance as they play an important role in Maasai culture.
- Bird Watching: Tarangire boasts a large number of Birds. This can be booked with our professional guides.
- Bush Lunch and Dinner: A private bush lunch setup while on safari is a delightful surprise and a memorable experience. While, a romantic candle light dinner under the star lit African sky is an experience not to be missed.
- Enjoy a champagne bush breakfast – the perfect way to start your safari experience.
- Sundowners: a perfect end to a perfect day! Enjoy a cold drink as you watch the dramatic shades of the African sunset and ponder over the day’s experiences.