Image © Bomani Tented Lodge / Imvelo Safari Lodges
Nestled within a 5,000 acre private reserve within the Ngamo Forest Area, on the edge of the south eastern corner of Hwange National Park, you will find Bomani Tented Lodge. This safari lodge offers guests an unrivalled safari experience with impressive year-round wildlife viewing and a great diversity of wildlife in substantial numbers, where highly experienced knowledgeable guides will treat you to a safari experience you will never forget.
This relaxed tented lodge is designed in a traditional safari style with a main common area with lounge, bar and dining area. A wooden decking area overlooks a waterhole, where wildlife come to drink. A splash pool set in a raised deck offers a refreshing welcome to the heat of the day and in-house spa treatments are available on request at an extra cost.
Guests have the opportunity to design their days, there is no set agenda here, game drives, guided walks, trips into Hwange National Park are all arranged during your stay or simply take time in camp to unwind and view the wildlife that comes to the waterhole.
Imvelo Safari Lodges, who own and manage Bomani Tented Lodge, are dedicated to providing safaris with purpose and passion and are working to empower local communities and promote environmental sustainability. This includes the employment of over 100 local people, school and education improvement, fresh water supplies and mobile health clinics. In addition to the numerous benefits and inputs they direct into the communities, they operate a range of programmes specifically aimed at improving and assisting wildlife and land.
With a variety of room types, Bomani has the right fit for every traveler – the four room types include:
- One Thatched Bungalow: one queen bed and the only room with stone walls and thatched roof.
- Four Spurwing Tents at ground level with veranda: two twins (two double beds in each), one double (one king bed), and one honeymoon (one king bed).
- Five Saddlebill Tents on raised deck: three twins (two double beds in each), and two doubles (one king bed in each).
- One Sable Suite on raised deck: this two-bedroom suite (one king, one with two ¾ beds) with two full baths and lounge area is often used for families or friends. Both bedroom units have over head fans and en suite bathrooms with toilet, basin, a bath and outdoor shower. The suite is completed with a tea/ coffee station and mini bar fridge in the dining area, a lounge area with a veranda deck and views across the plains (2 extra 3⁄4 beds and can be placed in the lounge area so the family suite can accommodate 6 pax).
• Ensuite bathroom with shower, flush loo and basin.
• Ceiling or standing fan.
• Emergency whistle and air horn.
• Electronic safe.
• Mosquito repellent.
• Mobile LED lamp.
• Free daily laundry (weather dependent).
• Main lodge comprising open fronted thatch building with teak viewing deck overlooking the lodge waterhole.
• Bar, lounge and dining room with overhead fans.
• Electricity by solar.
• Free Wifi in the main lodge.
• Cell phone reception.
• Splash pool set in raised wooden deck overlooking the lodge waterhole.
• Morning, evening & full day game drives.
• Night drives.
• Walking safaris.
• Canoeing *Seasonal
• Game viewing Hide
• Pump Runs
• Pop up Spa treatments. *Additional Cost
• Ngamo Community Experience – School tours and village visits
• Walking with Rhino and a visit to the CRCI Imvelo Ngamo sanctuary *Additional Cost
• Elephant Express rail car
Lodge Season & Opening
Children under the age of 7 are only allowed by special arrangement subject to restrictions and at the sole discretion of lodge management.
Bomani Tented Lodge can be accessed via light aircraft from Victoria Falls Airport (1 hour ) to Bomani Airstip. (Please note that the Bomani Airstrip is only open seasonally. During the rainy season light air charters usually land and take off from Sipepa – about 1 hour drive from camp). Transfer can also be done by road from Victoria Falls and is approximately a 4-5hrs drive.
For more information on Bomani Tented Lodge contact our team of expert Travel Consultants who will be delighted to tailor-make your Zimbabwe travel itinerary.
For a no-obligation quotation, simply contact us via our free online Request A Quote service.