Nile Safari Lodge is located 20km downstream from the thunderous Murchison Falls, just outside the boundary of Murchison Falls National Park on the South bank of the River Nile. The lodge is accessible by road from Kampala – A Journey of 305Kms (Approx 5Hrs drive) or Fly via a charter from Entebbe International Airport to Murchison Falls National park – Bugungu Airstrip, which is 25 minutes drive to the lodge.
Nile Safari Lodge is open all year round and game and bird life is prolific, though bird-watching is best during the months of October/November when the migratory species are in the region. Set amongst the rich papyrus forest on the southern banks of the Nile, it is close enough to see the elephants playing in the water and listen to the hippos grunting in the night.
The lodge’s design is ingenious and environmentally conscious; crafted from local eucalyptus wood and other locally sourced material, the design minimally intrusive at it seamlessly blends in with the scenery, without compromising comfort or aesthetics.
Nile Safari lodge contains eight secluded luxurious bandas, secluded among tall trees and thick shrub along the Nile banks. Each Banda is composed with a thatched roof, spacious seating area, day bed, a generous mosquito net, en suite facilities with indoor and outdoor showers, and a private viewing deck with a swing chair and deck chairs. All Nile Safari Lodge rooms are subdivided into three categories: Deluxe Bandas, Exclusive Bandas and one Family Banda. The comfortably furnished bandas are cleverly positioned to maximize privacy and views of the Nile from your balcony.
- Deluxe Bandas: There are six Deluxe bandas overlooking the River Nile. Your king-bedroom is an intimate sanctuary bought to life with unique design and décor. The bandas are a perfectly secluded hideaway.
- Exclusive Banda: The perfect room to spend a romantic getaway, with its breathtaking views. Its the ideal place to relax with a drink or a book. Its uniqueness is in its private plunge pool and daybed overlooking the River Nile. A special offer to couples who want to enjoy some private time together.
- Family Villa: Ideal for families and small groups, this flexible two-bedroom haven balances privacy with shared living space, including a private swimming pool and outdoor viewing terrace.
The open-sided lounge and dining areas lead onto wide terraces and extensive wooden decks with comfortable seating from which to watch the Nile River flow past. Inviting warm and chilled drinks are served at the Tamarind Bar, shaded by the giant tree after which it is named and on the suspended veranda that overlooks the expansive wilderness.
Activities /Things to do
Murchison Falls National Park is one of the best parks for a safari experience (alongside Kidepo and Queen Elizabeth). Once the boat across to the park has been organised, you can be in the park for sunrise to enjoy a morning game drive in a 4×4 safari vehicle. Being on the River Nile, other activities include a River Cruise and a hike to see the stunning Falls themselves. A dip in the lodge’s swimming pool is a wonderful way to wash the heat of the day away, before relaxing around the camp fire under the African night sky.
- Spa: Relax your body and your mind in a peaceful environment at the Mtoni Massage house – which literally means ‘on the river’ in Swahili. The Spa is located in a cloistered cliff overlooking the River Nile.
- Yoga: You can roll out your yoga mat and discover the combination of physical and mental exercises that for thousands of years have hooked yoga practitioners around the globe. Yoga has the power to calm the mind and strengthen the body and is recommended for everyone.
- Nile River Cruise: An excellent alternative to the game drive is an exciting boat ride along the green and lush curves of the mystical Nile with a perfect view of the Murchison Falls. (Extra)
- Game Drives: Undoubtedly the highlight of any safari is the game drive. From the comfort of a 4×4 safari vehicle, you can experience the thrill of viewing wildlife in its natural environment.
- Brunch At The Top Of The Falls: Breakfast with an unbelievably beautiful view over the most powerful waterfall in Uganda. (Extra)
- Bird Watching: Home to over 1,100 species of birds, Uganda is a bird watchers’ paradise. This includes Crested Crane, Abyssinian Ground Hornbill, African Fish Eagle, and the very shy majestic Shoebill Stork. The location of Nile Safari Lodge makes it an ideal place for ornithologists and keen bird watchers.
- Murchison Falls Trek: The hike to the top of the Murchison Falls is perhaps the most special activity for nature lovers, joined with a boat cruise on the Nile it is the perfect combination of tranquil bliss and wild beauty that takes you to the basin of the falls. (Extra)
- Fishing: Sport fishing in Murchison falls national park is an activity you can do to revamp your African wilderness travel experience. Sport fishing in
Uganda is a rewarding activity for an avid angler with eager and love for real adventure in the African wilderness