We are supporting the families of Ol Kinyei with our Bursary Fund, alleviating some of the financial burden of the childrens’ education.
As well as paying termly fees, parents incur the additional costs for uniforms, books, school activities and in many cases, school rehabilitation projects – despite the fact that primary education in Kenya is free. These hardships often result in under-educated youth with little hope for healthy careers.
The Bursary Fund assists students in covering essential education-related costs and ensures that they are able to complete important stages in their education, which is a crucial step in guaranteeing a solid career path.
Through the growth of the Bursary Fund, it is our hope that in the future we will be able to support students in secondary and tertiary education.
- Increase and improve access to educational institutions;
- Improve gender equality and disparities by promoting both boys and girls in the community;
- Assist students in their transition between primary, secondary, college and university;
- Improve retention and completion rates of both secondary and tertiary education; and
- Reduce the impacts of poverty.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Parents must make the following contributions every year per child.
Sponsor one child or more by assisting with the following primary school payments:
Uniform – US $ 35
Books – US $ 30
Contributions to school activities – US $ 20
School fees – US $ 45 to US $ 150 per Term
Please click here if you wish to make a donation. We will contact you by return email to arrange for your contribution to be collected by credit / debit card (Visa or Mastercard) via our secure online payment system.