A 9 night safari vising Laikipia and the Masai Mara, specially designed especially for women. Staying 1 night in Kenya’s capital Nairobi plus eight nights in Kenya’s finest wildlife areas, in Laikipia and the Maasai Mara. This trip is escorted by well-known wildlife photographer Alison Mees.
This safari offers our ladies: married, single, mothers, daughters, grandmothers, granddaughters, nieces and solo female travellers who may be timid about travelling alone a chance to relax, meet new people, make new friendships and enjoy Africa at a pace that is right for you. It’s a safari that is tailored to our female clients individual interests to enjoy nature with other like-minded women.
The safari spends time in three exclusive wildlife conservancies two of which are IUCN green list destinations: Ol pejeta conservancy, Ol Kinyei Conservancy and Naboisho conservancy. This safari offers a great opportunity to watch and photograph Africa’s iconic animals including Elephants, Lions, Cheetahs, Leopards, Giraffe, Hyena, Zebra and the variety of birdlife.
Hyena and cubs photo by Alison Mees
Accommodation on safari is at Porini Cheetah Camp and Porini Rhino Camp, which are small and authentic safari bush camps with no more than 10 guest tents so that you will have just a few other like-minded people as company. Here you will escape from the crowds and experience the African wilderness without the presence of other tourist vehicles and with the personal attention of your photographer escort.
Transport from Nairobi to Laikipia and to the Mara is by scheduled flights to avoid a long journey and to give more time to viewing the wildlife. From the camps, game drives are taken in exclusive open-sided 4×4 safari vehicles with experienced safari driver-guides.
Alison Mees is a wildlife conservationist and guide. Alison is an award winning photographer, born in the UK, and from an early age had a passion for wildlife and photography.
Alison has been living and working in Africa for over 18 years. During this time working in the tourism industry running safari camps and also very involved with local community projects and conservation, especially with cheetahs.
Alison will share her knowledge, passion for wildlife and stories from the bush with you whilst you travel with her on safari.
More information about the safari
The safari spends time in an exclusive wildlife conservancy, and the only IUCN green list destination in the Serengeti-Mara eco-system: Ol Kinyei Conservancy that is also a cheetah hotspot, whilst staying here you also get to visit the Naboisho conservancy, and also visits the Ol pejeta conservancy which has over 10000 large mammals and it is the only park where the big 5 and chimpanzees can be seen. It is also where the fastest growing population of rhino in Africa can be found.
The Mara Conservancies have the highest density of free-roaming lions in Africa, as well as leopards, cheetahs, elephants and much more. The pristine, natural environment attracts many species and provides the ideal location for viewing Africa’s iconic wildlife.
The conservancies are formed from community lands, ensuring the locals benefit from tourism from the lease of their land and the opportunities that arise from setting up the conservancies and the small camps therein. The conservancies comprise of pristine wilderness with open savannah plains, riverine forest, springs, streams and rivers, rolling hills and spectacular views.
Population density is controlled; Conservancies allow for a maximum of 1 vehicle per 1,400 acres, which offers the opportunity to view and photograph the wildlife in peace and without masses of other vehicles.
From the camps, you will be taken on day and night game drives in custom-built, open-sided 4×4 safari vehicles with a driver-guide and a spotter, allow for maximum visual coverage. They are 3 tier and are spacious and comfortable, with access to an open window for each guest.
- Fully escorted trip with Alison, from the time you arrive in Nairobi. Giving you peace of mind and feeling of safety whilst travelling in Kenya.
- Personal pre trip support provided by Alison. She will discuss with you, your personal needs for the safari, assisting with any visa applications, paperwork requirements or questions you may have in regard to travelling to Kenya.
- A small group, with each person guaranteed a ‘window’ seat in the open-sided 4×4 safari vehicle.
- Off-road driving advantages, which gets you closer to the wildlife and away from the crowds.
- Game drives in Ol pejeta and the Mara Conservancies
- Breakfast in the bush and sundowners at scenic spots where you can capture those postcard perfect African sunsets.
- This safari will be for just 4 guests maximum – All women on Safari!
Women Only Safari Itinerary
Day 1 – Arrival into Kenya
Met on arrival at Nairobi International Airport by a Gamewatchers Safaris Representative, who will welcome you to Kenya and transfer you to The Eka Hotel, for 1 night on Bed & Breakfast. Alison will be waiting at Eka Hotel for your arrival and share the plan for the next day to the Mara
Day 2,3,4 & 5 – On Safari in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy – Laikipia
Transfer from The Eka Hotel to Nairobi’s Wilson Airport, and check-in for your SafariLink flight to Ol pejeta departing 10h00 arriving 11h00. Touch down at the Kamok airstrip from where you will be transferred to Porini Rhino Camp, which will be your base for the next 3 nights. Game drives and walks will be taken in the Ol pejeta Conservancy where you will observe and photograph the wildlife, with Alison Mees. Night game drives will also be taken. *Optional activities, like Lion tracking, or conservancy experiences can be undertaken including visiting the endangered species enclosure for a chance to take some stunning close shots of the Endangered Rhino, this is an extra cost.
Day 6,7,8 & 9 – On Safari in the Exclusive Ol Kinyei Conservancy – Mara
Early wildlife & photography drive in the Ol pejeta Conservancy to capture the beauty of the early morning, thereafter you be transferred to the kamok airstrip for your flight to the Maasai Mara, departing at 10h15 arriving at 12h15. You will be met at the Ol seki airstrip and transferred to the Porini Cheetah Camp, your home for 4 nights. Game drives and walks will be taken in the Ol Kinyei Conservancy that is exclusive to Porini and the Naboisho Conservancy to photograph the wildlife for which the Mara is famous. Night game drives will also be available and also the opportunity to visit a traditional Masai Manyatta, where you can learn about the Masai Culture. (add in)
Day 10 – Depart
Final early morning game drive followed by breakfast at camp and then transfer to the airstrip to fly back on the 11h00 flight to Wilson Airport in Nairobi, arriving at around 12h20. Met on arrival and transfer to the international Airport or for a day room at the Eka Hotel, depending on your onward connection.
Fully Inclusive of:
- Small group safari, fully escorted by Alison Mees. Each person guaranteed a “window” seat in the open-sided 4×4 safari vehicle.
- Sundowners at scenic spots where you can capture those postcard perfect African sunsets
- Game drives in the Ol pejeta Conservancy, Ol Kinyei conservancy and the Naboisho Conservancy
- Off-road driving advantages get you closer to the wildlife and away from crowds
- The price includes scheduled domestic flights from / to Nairobi. Luggage allowance is 15kg per person, additional allowance of up to 75kg per person can arranged at a supplement.
- Accommodation at Porini Rhino Camp and Porini Cheetah Camps – small eco camps located in the Ol pejeta Conservancy and Ol kinyei Conservancy.
- Safari is fully inclusive of all meals, selected drinks, day & night game drives in custom-built 4×4 safari vehicles with expert guides, bush picnics and sundowners, conservancy and Mara park fees and all taxes.
SCHEDULED DEPARTURE DATES 2024
Safari 1: This safari will be for 4 guests max – Women on Safari
24th October – 02nd November 2024
Price: US Dollars $5,960 per person sharing a tent (single supplement available on request)
WOMEN ON SAFARI, MAASAI MARA: PRICES IN US$
PRICES INCLUDE: PICK UP FROM NAIROBI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, TRANSFER EKA HOTEL, NEXT MORNING TRANSFER TO WILSON AIRPORT AND BOARD SCHEDULED FLIGHT TO OL PEJETA. MET AT THE AIRSTRIP AND TRANSFERRED TO PORINI RHINO CAMP FOR 4 NIGHTS IN OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY. DAY 4 FLY FROM OL PEJETA TO THE MARA – OLARE AIRSTRIP AND TRANSFER TO PORINI CHEETAH CAMP FOR 4 NIGHTS IN OL KINYEI CONSERVANCY . LAST DAY TRANSFER TO OLSEKI AIRSTRIP TO BOARD SCHEDULED FLIGHT TO WILSON AIRPORT WHERE YOU ARE MET AND TRANSFERRED TO JKI AIRPORT FOR YOUR DEPARTURE FLIGHT BACK HOME.
BOTH CAMPS ARE FULLY INCLUSIVE OF ACCOMMODATION, MEALS, SELECTED DRINKS (SOFT DRINKS, BEER, HOUSE WINE, GIN & TONIC, MINERAL WATER), AIRSTRIP TRANSFERS, DAY & NIGHT EXCLUSIVE GAME DRIVES IN OPEN SIDED 4X4 SAFARI VEHICLE WITH QUALIFIED DRIVER-GUIDE, SUNDOWNERS, WALKS WITH MAASAI WARRIORS.
PRICES ABOVE EXCLUDE
- Regional and international flights plus taxes and visa fees.
- All items of personal nature.
- Laundry services.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Any other item(s) not included or mentioned.
- Late departure from the Porini camps after the normal 10h00 check out will be US$ 150 per person minimum 2 pax inclusive of 16% VAT (includes lunch drinks and activities before departure in the afternoon).
- Balloon flight in the Maasai Mara US$ 455 per person per flight.
Booking Enquiries: click the button below to use our online enquiry form:
Request a Quote Now »
Any of our own Gamewatchers team of Safari Advisors based in the USA, Canada, the UK, India and Australia will be glad to be of service in arranging your safari, helping you plan your trip, confirming prices, answering your questions and booking your choice of safari camps and lodges for you.
Our Safari Advisors have helped many hundreds of our guests to plan their trips and will be delighted to assist you and to help you plan your ideal safari.
For contact details of all our overseas based Safari Advisors in UK, USA, Canada, Australia, India and South America click here
, or call us using the numbers below:
USA & Canada Tel: +1-877-710-3014 (Julie Roggow) or +1-519-686-4776 (Rick McIntyre)
UK & EU Tel: +44 (0)7986-978985 (Wayne Hammond)
Kenya Tel: +254 (0)774-136523