Ongava Lodge is a luxury safari lodge, located on top of a hill which offers a beautiful outlook over the private Ongava Reserve.
This mid size lodge, offers 14 rock & thatch chalets, all with ensuite bathrooms, private decking to relax and enjoy the views. There is a pool on sight where guests can cool off during the heat of the day, in between game drive activities. Meals are either served in the main dining area under thatch or on the dining deck under the stars.
Guests can experience game drives in the Etosha National Park and on the private Ongava Reserve, as well as guided walks, birding and visiting hides to observe wildlife.
Ongava holds one of the largest rhino custodianships for the Namibian government in the country and is one of the few private game reserves in southern Africa where guests can see both black and white rhino.
Thirteen standard chalets, each with 2 twin three quarter beds.
One family unit, which consists of 2 bedrooms. Each unit / bedroom has two three quarter beds and their own en-suite bathroom with flush toilet, shower and double hand basin. The two units / bedrooms have a shared entrance and are joined by a boardwalk.
All chalets are en-suite with double basins, plus indoor and outdoor showers, private viewing deck, air conditioning and overhead fans, mosquito nets, tea/coffee, hairdryers & 220V power.
Ongava Lodge is located on the southern boundary of Etosha National Park, with Ombika Gate being the closest access to Etosha. Guests can arrive by vehicle or fly into the private airstrip. All game drives at Ongava Lodge are taken in the camp’s vehicles.
- Day and night game drives on Ongava Game Reserve in 4 x 10-seater open 4×4 Land Cruisers. Each Land Cruiser accommodates a maximum of 7 guests allowing each guest to have an outside seat.
- Half day excursions into Etosha National Park and full day excursions with a picnic (on request).
- Guided nature walks on the Ongava Game Reserve (seasonal & subject to qualified walking guide being available)
- White rhino can be approached on foot, guest minimum age 16 years (seasonal & subject to the availability of a qualified walking guide)
- Ongava Research Centre Information Service and Visitor Centre
- Hide for viewing and photography
- Wellness Treatments
We have some excellent safari itineraries that include Ongava Lodge, please click below for details:
Magical Namibia 12 Day Self Drive Tour
Namibia Sands & Safari 8 Day Flying Tour
Alternatively our team of expert Travel Consultants can tailor-make your Namibia travel itinerary to include Ongava Lodge.
For a no-obligation quotation, simply contact us via our free online Request A Quote service.