You can now book an African safari photographic holiday in Kenya escorted by world reknowned seasoned traveler and award-winning nature and wildlife photographer Jeffrey Wu.
This is a safari that has been designed especially for photographers or people who are passionate about taking photographs and would like to improve their technique. This safari offers a great opportunity to view and photograph Africa’s iconic animals – including Elephants, Lions, Cheetahs, Leopards, Buffalos, Rhinos and Giraffes – under expert guidance and tuition from Jeffrey. There are two set departures for this safari: starting in Amboseli on 15th July 2021 and 24th July 2021.
Accommodation on this safari is at Porini Camps in Amboseli (3 nights) and the Mara (2 nights), which are small, ecofriendly and authentic safari bush camps. Here you will escape from the crowds and experience the African wilderness with the personal attention of your Porini safari guides and Jeffrey Wu.
From the camps, you will be taken on day and night game drives in custom-built, open-sided 4×4 safari vehicles with a driver-guide and a spotter, allowing for maximum visual coverage. They are 3 tier and are spacious and comfortable, with access to an open window for each photographer.
Transport from Amboseli to the Mara is by scheduled flights to avoid a long journey over bumpy roads and to give more time to viewing the wildlife. The last 3 nights will be spent at the Tipilikwani Mara Camp, a uniquely situated luxury camp on the banks of the Talek River overlooking the mottled plains of the Maasai Mara and has an exclusive feel with just 20 luxurious riverfront safari tents. High quality game drives are taken in 4×4 vehicles in the Maasai Mara National Reserve.
The safari spends time in an exclusive wildlife conservancy in Amboseli eco-system: Selenkay Conservancy and also the Mara eco-system: Olare Motorogi Conservancy and as well as in the Masai Mara Reserve.
The Mara Conservancies have the highest density of free-roaming lions in Africa, as well as leopards, cheetahs, elephants and much more. The pristine, natural environment attracts many species and provides the ideal location for viewing Africa’s iconic wildlife.
The conservancies are formed of pristine wilderness with open savannah plains, riverine forest, springs, streams and rivers, rolling hills and spectacular views. Conservancies allow for a maximum of 1 vehicle per 1,400 acres, which offers the opportunity to view and photograph the wildlife in peace and without masses of other vehicles.
Prices are Fully Inclusive of:
- Small group for the safari, with each person guaranteed a “window” seat in the open-sided 4×4 safari vehicle under the guidance and tuition of Jeffrey Wu
- Sundowners at scenic spots where you can try to capture those postcard perfect African sunsets whilst at the Porini Camps
- Game drives in the Amboseli National Park, Selenkay Conservancy, Olare Motorogi Conservancy and the Masai Mara National Reserve
- Off-road driving advantages get you closer to the wildlife and away from crowds
- The price includes scheduled domestic flights from / to Nairobi. Luggage allowance is 15 kg per person, additional allowance of up to 75 kg per person can be arranged (supplement applies).
- Accommodation at as per the itinerary below.
- Safari is fully inclusive of all meals, selected drinks at Porini Camps, day & night game drives in custom-built 4×4 safari vehicles with expert guides, bush picnics and sundowners, conservancy and Mara park fees and all taxes.