OPENING 1 AUGUST 2019
“Nyika” means “Large Plains or Great Plains”
Mara Nyika is a sister camp to Mara Plains in Kenya. Set amidst the iconic flat-topped Acacia trees in the 50,000 acre Naboisho Conservancy, Mara Nyika is designed like a luxurious tree camp. The light colored canvas suites rise above the tree canopies to offer outstanding views of the Masai Mara landscape. Privacy in this camp is the key to understanding it. Privacy to live, think, explore, be romantic and be pampered – all the while with one of the most spectacular backdrops Africa can provide.
Minimum age for children at Mara Nyika is 8 years, however, the camp can be privately booked to accommodate younger guests. Mara Nyika offers thoughtfully designed experiences and game drives for families traveling with multiple generations. In addition to game drives, young guests at Mara Nyika can explore a range of activities such as baking with chefs, birding and learning to track smaller wildlife with expert rangers.
Mara Nyika Camp is powered entirely by 24-hour clean solar energy delivering 240v electricity to the rooms. The camp produces sufficient clean energy during daylight hours to handle all of the camp’s electrical needs. Universal plug points are available in each tent. Hairdryers in all tents. Gas fireplace provides a comfortable and cozy atmosphere in the cold season. Wifi is available around camp and in guest suites.
- Luxury safari accommodation at Mara Nyika
- Guided game drives in custom 4×4 land cruisers
- Spotlit Night game drives in the private concession
- Complimentary use of professional cameras
- All Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- All drinks inclusive: Soft drinks, bottled water, house wines, beer
- Complimentary laundry service
- Organic toiletries and in-suite bath amenities
- Bush walks for birders
- Gourmet picnics and longer game drives on request
- Walking safaris and boating with professional guides included
- All VAT and government levies inclusive
Other amenities around camp include; A Luxury Spa, Professional cameras and lens provided in each guest tent, Safari vehicles are outfitted with photography bars & chargers, Professional Swarovski binoculars at camp. Private Photography Guides are available, on request.
Please note that due to the nature of the wild and adventurous setting, the camp is unable to support wheelchair access given the steep, uneven terrain. For individuals with difficulty in walking, rooms closer to the main lodge areas are recommended for ease and comfort.