Located in the north western region of Madagascar, surrounded by lush vegetation that is home to several diverse and endemic species of fauna and flora and overlooking a beautiful bay, sits Anjajavy Le Lodge, an oasis of tanquility between the forest and the sea.
On the edge of an unique marine reserve, the lodge offers a wide range of beach and water activities. There is also a bar, swimming pool, and 5 private coves to explore. In addition, there is a wide variety of flora with all kinds of plants where hummingbirds, lemurs, malachite kingfishers, or the Fody of Madagascar come to seek refuge…
The onsite restaurant/bar offers an a la carte menu and guests can request private dinners on the beach or in their accommodations.
The lodge highly commits to preserve and to protect the endangered biodiversity of the Anjajavy peninsula. By combining tourism and nature conservation, Anjajavy le lodge provides an alternative to natural resources overexploitation and implements development projects for the community. The conservation project owes its success to the local community’s entrepreneurial will, the lodge’s nature conservation philosophy and the peninsula’s remote location. For the past 20 years, the neighbouring villages have profited several development projects and enjoyed the benefits of nature conservation.
24 Sea Facing Villas Rooms & Suites
Each of the 24 rosewood villas borders the main beach of the huge private estate of the lodge. All the villas have a spacious terrace facing the sea, a living room with a salon and a bedroom. A Japanese staircase rises to the upper floor where a restroom has been created which can also serve as an office or a bedroom for children or friends. The bathroom is equipped with a large corner bath and the toilets are separate. A silent and individual air conditioning system keeps the bedroom at an ideal temperature.
• Outdoor swimming-pool
• Restaurant & Bar area
• Windsurfing, catamaran, water-skiing, snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding.
• Enjoy a private cruise on our boats at your own pace and according to your desires. You will be able to discover the richness of the region’s coastline, enjoy a picnic on pristine beaches, or even fish your own lunch. Our skippers will be able to take you to the best snorkeling spots.
• The Bay of Moramba is one of Madagascar’s most beautiful preserved sites thanks to its breathtaking landscapes. It is often compared with the Vietnamese Halong Bay due to its strange limestone formations emerging from the sea. Discover the centuries-old baobabs growing on unusual mushroom-shaped islets and several immaculate beaches. With the captain and the guide, try to spot one of the world’s rarest and largest birds of prey: the Madagascar fish eagle, but also sea turtles and other aquatic animals… The turquoise waters conceal an exceptional marine ecosystem that you can discover while snorkelling.
• Sunset cruises whether in the mangroves forest or at the marina. Enjoy a cocktail and contemplate a bewitching sunset over the horizon.
• Fishing in Anjajavy is a productive activity. The waters surrounding the Anjajavy peninsula abound with fish thanks to the creation of the protected marine reserve. You will be able to use any fishing techniques including trolling, drop-off fishing and popper fishing.
Located on the west coast of Madagascar, 120 km North of Majunga, Anjajavy Le Lodge is only accessible by private charter flight from Antananarivo.
Alternatively our team of expert Travel Consultants can tailor-make your Madagascar travel itinerary to include Anjajavy Le Lodge.