Image © Matetsi Victoria Falls
Set on a private 15 km stretch of the mighty Zambezi River, within 55,000 hectares of pristine Private Game Reserve, Matetsi Victoria Falls is an award winning, five-star retreat which offers the ultimate combination of safari, river, relaxation and the Falls all-in-one. This stunning, family owned lodge is situated in a conservation area which was once decimated by poaching and illegal hunting. Now visitors can enjoy huge breeding herds of elephant and buffalo, plains game, giraffe, zebra, herds of impala and warthog. Big cats are also often sighted, with lion and leopard most common. Boat cruises on the Zambezi River also offer sightings of crocodiles, hippos and even occasional herds of elephant swimming in the river.
Matetsi Victoria Falls is a beautifully designed lodge in a superb location, offering understated luxury alongside an extraordinary team, including talented chefs, butlers and conservation minded guides, where guests have the opportunity to immerse in nature and luxury.
Conservation & Community
Matetsi Victoria Falls community empowerment starts with a 100% Zimbabwean team on property. They also partner with the Greenline Africa Trust, who focus on working with marginalised and vulnerable communities to develop, implement and support sustainable projects concentrating on livelihoods, health, education and biodiversity management.
The continued rewilding and conservation of Matetsi Private Game Reserve, which is carried out by the dedicated conservation team, and supported by guides, trackers. The team and guests act as wildlife guardians while out on game drives, as this positive human presence across the property, provides eyes in the field and is a deterrent to possible poaching activity.
22 River Lodge Suites – All suites are air-conditioned and come with sumptuous King-size four-poster beds, generous bathtubs, indoor and outdoor rain showers as well as a private plunge pool and deck. Each suite is perfectly appointed so as to capitalize on the lodge’s 15km’s private river frontage.
• Spacious, air-conditioned suite
• King-sized bed
• Generous en-suite bathroom complete with indoor and outdoor showers
• Private plunge pool and deck
• Use of both indoor and outdoor dining spaces
• Boma dining area for traditional meals
• Use of alfresco lounge areas
• In addition to private plunge pool, use of 20m lap pool that flanks the river
• Use of fitness studio
• Use of massage sala
• Use of library, boardroom and owner’s private wine cellar
• Exclusive shopping boutique
• In-room iPad for guests use
• In-room Bluetooth speakers
• Complimentary laundry service
• Complimentary in-lodge and in-room WiFi
• Luxury Safari Vehicle
2 River Lodge Family Suites – Offering the same facilities as the River Lodge suites, the River Lodge Family Suites comprise an adult’s suite with an adjoining passageway to a children’s room via a secure courtyard. The adjoining room sleeps two children in twin beds. Each family suite comprises a main suite with a King-Size bed, a generous bathroom with an indoor and outdoor rain shower as well as a private plunge pool and deck.
1 River House Exclusive-Use Villa – an exclusive-use, four-bedroom villa that is ideal for a large group, family or trans-generational group travelling together. River House is equipped with every luxury necessary in the bush from a full kitchen and indoor and outdoor dining areas that lead out to a spacious veranda with a private swimming pool and fire pit bowl. River House also comes with the dedicated services of a private chef, butler, guide as well as a dedicated game drive vehicle.
• Fully kitted kitchen for guests’ sole use
• Open-plan indoor and outdoor dining areas overlooking the river
• Air-conditioning throughout as well as sumptuous mosquito nets over the four-poster beds
• En-suite bathrooms complete with generous baths and indoor and outdoor showers
• Indoor fireplace and outdoor fire bowl
• Sole use of the private pool that overlooks the river
• Dedicated guide, tracker and private safari vehicle for duration of your stay
• Activity Desk
• Barbecue Facilities
• Eco Friendly
• Internet Access (Complimentary)
• Kiddies Club
• Laundry Service (Available)
• Mobile Connectivity
• Private Vehicle Available
• TV Room
•Morning, evening & full day game drives.
•Optional walking safaris.
•Sunrise and sunset boat cruises on the Zambezi River.
• Amateur fishing on the Zambezi river.
• Massage, body-wrap, facial, manicure or pedicure.
•Guided walking tour of Victoria Falls
•Helicopter tour in Victoria Falls
•Half-day or full day tour in and around Victoria Falls can be tailor-made to your activity – cultural and adrenalin activities can include a village tour and homestead visit, bungee jump off the Victoria Falls bridge, zip-line across the Batoka gorge or white-water raft down the rapids of the Zambezi.
Matetsi Victoria Falls can be accessed via road transfers from Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe), Livingstone Airport (Zambia) or Kasane (Botswana).
Road transfer time to Matetsi Victoria Falls to Victoria Falls International Airport is 60 km / 55 mins.
For more information on Matetsi Victoria Falls contact our team of expert Travel Consultants who will be delighted to tailor-make your Zimbabwe travel itinerary.
For a no-obligation quotation, simply contact us via our free online Request A Quote service.