Image © Tembo Plains Camp – Great Plains Conservation
Located in 128,000 Hectares of the private Sapi Private Reserve which borders Zimbabwe’s Mana Pools National Park is Tembo Plains Camp. This intimate safari camp, which can accommodate 12 adult guests, offers a laid back yet luxurious feel and is the only camp in the whole of Zimbabwe to be given the honour of being a member of Relais & Château.
Guests have the opportunity to traverse over 337,000 hectares into the Mana Pools National Park, as well as the Sapi Private Reserve and the focus of this camp is to explore and enjoy wildlife and birding sightings with day and night wildlife-viewing drives, boating, canoeing or guided walks and tracking. Each suite comes complete with a professional camera and lenses, plus high-quality binoculars for guests to use whilst they are with us in Sapi.
Aside from the wildlife, Tembo Plains Camp is the perfect spot to relax and to soak up the beauty all around. Guests can treat themselves to a wonderful treatment in the Spa or take a refreshing dip in the pool during the heat of the day. A stay at Tembo Plains offers a privacy of a safari, so rare today, in a wildlife-rich sanctuary along the Zambezi River
The Sapi Private Reserve was established by Great Plains Conservation as part of their conservation mission. This area, once a hunting ground is now a beautiful private photographic reserve that borders the Mana Pools National Park and is recognised as one of the finest wildlife destinations in Africa today.
The Sapi Private Reserve and the Mana Pools National Park offer a combined range of over 337,000 hectares of prime, protected wilderness for our guests. It is a part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site and a core area of the middle-Zambezi biosphere reserve.
4 Suites and 2-bedroomed Zanji Suite
• En-suite bathroom with a bath, flush loo, and a basin
• Private plunge pool and wrap around decking
• Inside and outdoor shower
• Bar fridge with drinks of choice
• Tea/Coffee station
• Each bed has a mosquito net and suites have netted windows
• Solar powered Air Conditioning (heating and cooling) facility located over the guest’s bed in each suite
• Standing Fans
• Charging facilities in each suite
• The honeymoon suite is usually Suite 1
• Either twin or double bed configuration
• Low voltage hairdryers provided
• Each suite has an exercise bike on a wide veranda as well as small weights and yoga mats.
• Wifi is available
• Kiddies Club (children over 6yrs)
• Laundry Service (Available)
• Private Vehicle & Private Guide Available
• Wine cellar
• Morning, evening & full day game drives.
• Night drives.
• Walking safaris.
• Boating on the Zambezi River.
• Catch & release fishing on the Zambezi river.
• Spa treatments. *Additional Cost
Lodge Season & Opening
April to November
Tembo Plains Camp can be accessed via light aircraft transfers from Harare International Airport (1 hour 35 mins) or Victoria Falls International Airport (3 hours 50 mins). Transfer time from a Sapi Private Reserve airstrip to camp is approximately 45 mins with wildlife viewing opportunities en-route.
For more information on Tembo Plains Camp contact our team of expert Travel Consultants who will be delighted to tailor-make your Zimbabwe travel itinerary.
For a no-obligation quotation, simply contact us via our free online Request A Quote service.