Matetsi Victoria Falls is located on a private 15 km stretch of the mighty Zambezi – meaning “The Great River” in the local Tonga language. It is just 40 km upriver from the rush and spray of the Victoria Falls. ( A less than 45 min drive from Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe), and 15 minutes by direct helicopter transfer). The property is also accessible by road transfer from Livingstone (Zambia) and Kasane (Botswana).
Matetsi Victoria Falls is situated within a private 136,000-acre pristine wilderness – the Matetsi Private Game Reserve offering an idyllic oasis from which to explore a unique combination of rich wildlife viewing and scenic Victoria Falls experiences adventure, or simply to relax and recharge.
Matetsi Victoria Falls can be booked either on a full or part exclusive-use basis. The full exclusive-use option includes a buyout of the whole lodge, private access to the 136,000-acre wilderness area that is Matetsi Private Game Reserve and 9 miles of Zambezi river frontage. The part exclusive-use option, offers an exclusive camp on the banks of the Zambezi by granting private access to the Matetsi Victoria Falls western guest area.
There are two beautiful accommodation options are offered at Matetsi Victoria Falls.
- Matetsi River Lodge is set on a private concession and the broad Zambezi River runs deep alongside two intimate camps, with nine river-facing suites each; Luxury Family Suites and Luxury Suites. Clad in an intricate woven pattern that calls to mind the country’s rich heritage, the cool and spacious suites boast contemporary interiors embellished with natural finishes, and decorated with abstract pieces of art, created by a renowned local artist. Each suite features a lovely bathroom and private veranda with exceptional views of the river. Set in the deep shade of riverside trees, each camp has a dedicated guest area. Delicious menus are created in an interactive kitchen and served indoors or beneath a canopy of trees by your personal butler. Al fresco dining takes place next to the Zambezi’s running waters.
- Matetsi River House is a sole-use villa that boasts an exclusive-use 4-bedroomed private villa, positioned within the vast Matetsi Private Game Reserve, close to Victoria Falls and offers the ideal home-away-from-home for families or friends travelling together. Here you’ll be looked after by a dedicated team, including private chef and butler. A private safari vehicle is at your disposal, with your personal guide and tracker ensuring a very exclusive safari experience.
Matetsi Victoria Falls mission is well aligned with our own, they are on a mission is to conserve vast areas of pristine wilderness and create employment, upskilling and opportunities for Zimbabweans. Prior to the establishment of Matetsi Victoria Falls, Matetsi Private Game Reserve had been decimated by poaching and illegal hunting, today the sight of vast herds of elephant drinking at a waterhole or healthy prides of lion hunting buffalo on the vlei is a constant reminder of the incredible turnaround this ecosystem has experienced.
- Explore the Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and the “largest waterfall on Earth.
- Enjoy game viewing in the worlds largest transfrontier conservation area – Matetsi Victoria Falls is in the heart of the KAZA transfrontier; this expansive wilderness has no fences and so wildlife roam freely, as they would have hundreds of years ago. Here you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy morning and evening game drives as well as night drives and optional walking safaris. For longer stays, they offer full day game drives with lunch served out in the pristine wilderness. (Four of the Big 5 are found across a variety of different ecosystems, only the endangered Rhino is absent)
- Experience the renowned Zambezi river cruises. Matetsi Private Game Reserve lies along 9 miles of private Zambezi river frontage, and offers stunning sunrise and sunset cruises on the Zambezi river
- There is also canoeing along the spectacular Zambezi river, and exploring her incredible flora and fauna, from a very unique perspective.
- Celebrate Africa’s vibrant heritage, communities & plant life with wellness treatments from luxuriant spa products & soothing treatments, inspired by the wisdom of Africa’s traditional healers.
- Culinary delights; you’ll have the opportunity to experience a variety of dining experiences, the menus, which are prepared daily, focus on regionally sourced, exceptional produce and the chefs are adept at catering for a wide range of dietaries; they are frequently complimented for pleasing the most particular of requests.