Located a mere 30 minute drive from Victoria Falls town, Gorges and Little Gorges offer a unique Victoria Falls experience from a peaceful and idyllic base on the edge of the Batoka Gorge – a perfect choice for your Victoria Falls safari adventure!
Gorges is famous for its spectacular views, described by some as the best in southern Africa; whether you are enjoying a cup of coffee at sunrise on your private veranda or a cool refreshment by the pool at sunset, you will be constantly drawn to the stunning vistas provided by the Batoka Gorge and the rushing waters of the Zambezi River below.
Little Gorges is perched on the edge of the Batoka Gorge next to main Gorges. This tented extension of Gorges overlooks the dramatic junction of the Dibu Dibu River and the Zambezi, where black eagles and lanner falcons nest in the sheer cliff faces. Construction of the luxury tents in this rugged, rocky and broken terrain necessitated careful planning and feats of engineering and is a wonderful alternative to the main Gorges chalets while still providing all the same comforts.
Quick facts about Gorges Lodge
- The main lodge is built on a raised deck of indigenous hardwood and has a lounge, dining room and bar that all offer extraordinary views over the gorge into Zambia.
- Free WiFi in the main lodge area – the connection is sometimes slow so please be patient!
- Accommodation: 10 stone under thatch chalets.
- 4 of the chalets are double storey and the other 6 are single storey, all with private verandas that provide stunning views.
- The chalets are set in a landscaped garden and have en suite bathrooms with showers, mini bars, overhead fans and tea and coffee making facilities.
Quick facts about Little Gorges
- The main lodge is stone under thatch with dining room, seating area and bar, all with views over the spectacular Dibu Dibu Gorge.
- Accommodation: 5 luxury tents on wooden decks
- Bathrooms are en suite with a shower cut back into the rocky terrain.