Overlooking the beautifully primeval Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Bwindi Lodge offers a stylish setting from which to enjoy the unforgettable experience of tracking the majestic mountain gorillas of Uganda. With dramatic intense views of the forest canopy across a serene stream, it is one of Africa’s unique properties. The gorillas frequently come to relax in the verdant bush around the lodge!
Children under 15 years of age are not permitted to track the gorillas. They are very welcome at the lodge, but please be advised that the lodge does not have childcare facilities.
Getting to the Lodge:
- From Entebbe: 1-hour flight.
- From Mount Gahinga Lodge (Kisoro): 15-minute flight or a 4-hour walk through the forest + 2-hour drive.
- From Kyambura Gorge Lodge (Kasese): 15-minute flight or a 6-hour drive through Queen Elizabeth National Park
Accommodation at Bwindi Lodge is in eight stone and tile bandas which are elevated above the canopy commanding stunning views of the forest. All the rooms have en-suite bathrooms, large wooden beds with mosquito nets and a private veranda looking over the forest. The main living area has a central fireplace which acts as a focal point for guests to relax and discuss their gorilla tracking experience. A newly designed outdoor terrace gives dramatic views of the impenetrable forest and is a great place to spot the monkeys and birds hidden in the foliage. The lodge has a curio shop selling local handicraft. The main activity available at the lodge is gorilla trekking – there are four families of gorilla that can be tracked from the lodge. Guests can also enjoy guided nature walks or a hike to the nearby waterfalls. Visits to the local village community are on offer to give you a taste of the local way of living. It is also possible to visit the Bwindi tea processing tour as well as the local hospital which are both projects supported by Volcanoes Safaris.
- 8 newly renovated luxury bandas + 1 new deluxe banda (opened June 2019). All rooms offer spectacular views of the forest.
- All rooms are complete with en-suite bathrooms with flushing toilet, double vanity and shower with hot & cold running water.
- Terrace overlooking the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest with scenic panoramic views.
- Personal butler service for all guests.
- New Humula Forest Spa. One 30-minute complimentary massage per guest per stay. Extra massages are available at extra cost.
- Full board accommodation including all soft drinks and house alcoholic beverages (excludes premium drinks). Local food tasting
at Bwindi Bar.
- Complimentary laundry service.
- Power sockets/charging facilities and hair dryer in the rooms. No air conditioners.
- Wi-Fi and internet access available in the main lodge only (connection can be slow).