Situated on the city centre this eight-storey luxury hotel, with 180 rooms and suites, is an urban resort complex on the seafront of Dar es Salaam. The Kilimanjaro Hotel Kempinski offers a stunning view over a picturesque lagoon and the city islands.
The Kilimanjaro Hotel Kempinski introduces purity, thoughtful and contemporary luxury to Tanzania – with a ravishing infinity pool, two outstanding restaurants, an exceptional spa with pure products and a philosophy founded on well-being and generous service from Thailand
The Kilimanjaro Hotel, Dar es Salaam, opened its doors in 1965 as the country’s leading hotel. This imposing building was not only an icon in Tanzania but regarded as ‘the’ hotel in East Africa. It played host to many famous people from pop star Michael Jackson to world leaders such as Nelson Mandela.
Today, after a USD 40 million refurbishment and rebuilding programme that has taken in excess of two years, this elegant hotel is both a testament to Dar es Salaam’s historical past and it’s independent future and a favoured meeting place of discerning locals as well as visitors in town. The fusion of traditional European and East African hospitality together with exemplary personal service makes this hotel the perfect place to meet, relax or conduct business.
ROOMS: Deluxe and Executive Rooms
These well appointed rooms are amongst the largest in Dar es Salaam, offering a combination of comfort and luxury with modern conveniences.
- Offering one Queen Bed or two super Single Beds, a multi functional seating area, with writing desk and chair, international direct dial telephone with multi-language voice mail and alarm clock, cable TV, a large in room safe which can accommodate a laptop and high speed internet access.
- The spacious tropical bathroom features a deep soaking tub, separate glass enclosed rainforest shower and toilet. The bathroom features a large glass window which looks out onto the bedroom allowing natural light to flood the entire room.
- Executive Rooms are located on the 6th Floor only and have complimentary access to the Executive Lounge.
- Further features and services include;
- Internet service provided in all Guest Rooms
- Free Daily Newspaper
- Bathroom Telephone
- In-room Music
- Cable TV with Movie Channels
- 29″ Flat Screen TV with remote control
- Deluxe Bath Amenities
- Shaving Mirror
- In-room Safe
- Wake-up Service Available
- 24-Hour Room Service
- Laundry/Dry cleaning Services
- Coffee and Tea Making Facilities
- Data Port and WiFi
- Nightly Turndown Service
- Inter-connecting Rooms
- Smoke Detectors in Room
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Sprinklers in Room
- International Direct Dialing
- Writing Desk and Chair
- Free Daily Newspaper
- Inter-connecting rooms available