Bluebay Beach Resort is situated on the finest wide, white, sandy beach on the island of Zanzibar. Located on the East Coast in an area known as Kiwengwa, the hotel is only 35 minutes drive from the town and the airport.
Bluebay Beach Resort offers a wide range of facilities in addition to the magic Indian Ocean “Spice Island” itself. The hotel is situated on the most beautiful 25 acre site with its bedroom cottages located on rising ground overlooking verdant gardens, the public areas, the pool, the more than 1,000 beautiful palm trees, the sparkling white beach and the azure sea with its coral reef offering particularly warm and safe swimming.
The hotel comprises of:
- 74 Superior rooms
- 6 Garden rooms
- 6 Deluxe rooms
- 2 Sultan suites
All rooms have:
- 2 large four poster beds with mosquito nets or one king size double bed
- Separate dressing room
- En suite bathroom
- Spacious veranda
- Split level air conditioners
- Ceiling fans
- Satellite TV
- Hair dryers
- Smoke detectors
In addition to the above, the Suites and Sultan Suites have:
- Spacious lounge
- Large veranda
Restaurants & Bars
- A table d’hôte restaurant enjoying magnificent views over the swimming pool to the ocean beyond offers breakfast, lunch and dinner within the meal plan arrangements.
- The main bar located at the swimming pool serves a full range of wines, spirits and minerals as well as coffees and cappuccino.
- The beach bar and restaurant is an ideal place for guests to sip cold drinks, ice creams and milk shakes or have a meal of seafood specialties, pizza as well as other light fare, all served in an informal setting with toes in the sand and the ocean right in front.
The hotel operates a high quality, tastefully decorated and well stocked boutique offering fashion garments and accessories sourced primarily from the East African region plus a general supplies shop offering a wide range of products from Africana books to postcards and suntan lotions to toiletries.
The hotel offers a fully air-conditioned Conference Room able to hold a maximum of 75 people sitting in theatre style.
Equipment available consists of:
- Slide Projector
- A video projection system
- Overhead projector
- A PA system
Guest Services / Business Centre
A fully equipped Business Centre is available to guests and offers the following facilities:
- Secretarial services
- Computer centre
- E-mail access
- Fax and photocopying
- Rental of mobile telephones
- The hotel provides a Fitness Centre featuring a range of modern equipment manufactured by ‘Technogym’ of Italy.
- Flood lit tennis court with equipment rental available
- Scuba Diving Centre
- Water Sports Centre with windsurfs, canoes and sailing boats
- Table tennis
- Snooker and billiards
The hotel offers the following additional facilities:
- An open air discotheque
- A large screen TV viewing facility located in the conference room
- Guest safes
- Large fresh water swimming pool with adjoining open air Jacuzzi
- Children’s Club
- Children’s swimming pool
- Well equipped Dispensary with a Doctor on call
Being in harmony with the environment has always been a priority at Bluebay. Keeping to our ethic, we have created the most fantastic Spa in East Africa, being hailed ‘OASIS’. By using primarily natural material the Spa has a relaxed tropical island feel. The wooden deck, with the thatch roof woven around the still-growing palm trees (hence going right through the roof), the splashing water and the abundance of beautiful exotic plants makes the Spa the ultimate place to completely rejuvenate your body and elevate your mind.
A lifting sense of wellbeing engulfs one as one is guided, by our professionals, through our different treatment rooms. We have true specialists at adapting to individual requirements. Treatments are in airy sea view rooms, over looking the beach and the turquoise ocean beyond.
As with everything at the Spa, the skin care products have been selected for their pure and natural ingredients. For a really memorable experience our therapists are happy to blend and mix the local spices and fruits right in front of the Client. All these natural freshly prepared treatments are famous for their virtues for the body and aromas to relax the mind.
During our guests days of leisure, we encourage our gusts to stimulate their taste buds as well, by trying out the health food options created by our connoisseur chefs using ingredients grown in our own gardens.
Bluebay Beach Resort is an environmentally friendly holiday destination. Some of the steps we are taking in order to protect our environment from pollution:
- We have installed a waste recycling plant which recycles all room, kitchen and laundry waste. The purified water is then used to maintain the beautiful tropical gardens.
- We have installed an incinerator, which is used to incinerate all garden and kitchen rubbish. This is the only one of its kind on the island.
- Generators are installed in soundproof structures to prevent noise pollution.
- All refrigerators and air conditioners comply with the latest regulations concerning the use of CFC’s and other ozone harmful gases.
- The electrical and plumbing installations have been designed by European engineers and conform to the latest EU specifications.
- All guestrooms are fitted with modern energy saving devices and all electrical installations employ the latest in energy efficient technology.
- All solid roof areas are designed to allow for the collection of rainwater. This is stored, treated and used to supplement other water supplies.
- The gardens have been landscaped using indigenous trees, plants, shrubs and ground cover to attract the varied birds of the island and to provide an insight to visitors of the diverse tropical vegetation on the island.