Imbabala Zambezi Safari Lodge is situated on a riverine fringe of the mighty Zambezi River where Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia and Namibia converge. Imbabala offers the chance to unwind but also some of the most amazing game viewing and bird watching in the region, in the seclusion of a private National Parks concession. The 5,000 acre concession has 14 kilometers of private Zambezi river frontage and borders the Chobe Forest Reserve, which is renowned for its massive Elephant population.
Imbabala Zambezi Safari Lodge offers exclusive accommodation for only 20 guests in 9 individual thatch lodges with en-suite facilities. Experienced guides are on hand for all activities. Exploring the Zambezi River by boat affords guests an exclusive river experience. Game drives in the private concession area are popular and often provide fantastic game sightings including lion, painted dog, elephant, giraffe and kudu. The area has approximately 420 bird species sighted making it an exciting venue for birders.
Imbabala is located 80 kilometers west of Victoria Falls, access is by transfer from Victoria Falls, Livingstone or Kasane.
Menus feature fresh, seasonal foods, with most of our salad ingredients and vegetables are grown organically from our large veggie garden. Coffee, Tea and rusks are served before the early morning game drive, and a full brunch on guests return to the lodge. High tea is served before guests depart on their afternoon activity. On return from their exciting game drive or Zambezi cruise, the guests will freshen up and join us for a delicious dinner around the swimming pool area. The expression… “The Best ever tasted……” is often heard around the table!
- Experienced guides are on hand for all activities. These centre around tracking game on morning, afternoon and night game drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles on the Imbabala Private Concession Area.
- Exploring the Zambezi River by boat affords guests an exclusive river experience.
- Bird-watching is exceptional, as birdlife is prolific and varied, ranging from water birds to shy forest dwellers.
- Walking Safaris and fishing excursions for the renowned Tiger Fish, are available by prior arrangement.
- For guests spending a longer time at Imbabala, day trips to Victoria Falls and the Chobe National Park are available. (Additional charges are applicable for all non-scheduled activities).
- For those just wanting to stay at the lodge and chill, the new spa provides perfect relaxation.