LATEST UPDATE: 7th July, 2020
The Kenya government has now announced the easing of measures instituted back in March to stem the spread of the virus after the first few cases were detected.
A phased re-opening of the economy was announced by President Kenyatta yesterday (6th July) during his monthly briefing to the nation, bringing to an end months of restriction on movements in and out of the key cities of Nairobi and Mombasa. The President further announced the resumption of domestic air travel from 15h July, 2020 and international flights to resume from 1st August 2020.
This welcome news of the phased re-opening follows the development of very elaborate Protocols to govern business operations in various sectors including tourism. The Protocols developed specifically for tourism operations were endorsed by WHO and have led to Kenya being awarded the “SafeTravel” stamp by WTTC.
Tourism industry stakeholders have been undergoing sensitization on the various measures which they need to adopt to comply with government protocols with emphasis on customer health and safety.
Flexible booking terms for our customers:
We understand the anxieties that many prospective travellers may have at this time and are fully sympathetic to those concerns. We continue to monitor the situation closely and follow the advice of the World Health Organisation, international governments and the Kenyan authorities.
We have introduced flexible booking terms so that once you have booked you can amend your travel dates to be postponed until later with no penalty so long as the pandemic continues and if the situation warrants this because of disruptions to travel.
For those making travel plans for this year we are committed to being flexible regarding amendments / postponement where necessary, and we will continue to update customers as the situation changes. For the latest details or to discuss your booking please get in touch with the Gamewatchers Safaris consultant who arranged your trip or contact one of our helpful team
No Amendment Fee Guarantee for 2020
We are now taking new bookings for arrivals from 1 August 2020 onwards, and in order to alleviate any concerns we are offering a new flexi-booking policy for our customers with relaxed Terms & Conditions regarding future changes / postponement should their travel plans be adversely affected by COVID-19:
• Those booking a 2020 safari staying at our Porini Camps can opt to postpone their travel dates if they have any concerns relating to COVID-19 and no amendment fee will be charged.
• We will allow any payments already made for travel dates in 2020 to be carried forward to later dates in 2021 or 2022.
• The new travel dates will be subject to availability and any added cost if there are any price differences from the date originally booked (apart from Porini Camps and Nimali Camps where the same price will apply to the new date so long as travel is in the same season as the original booking).