4 days (3 nights) including scheduled flights from / to Nairobi. Daily departures Jul – Oct & mid Dec – Mar.
Premium game drives are in shared 4×4 vehicles within the game-filled private Ol Kinyei Conservancy and a full day is spent in the official Masai Mara National Reserve. Ol Kinyei Conservancy is a very exclusive wildlife reserve in the Mara eco-system, teeming with animals including over 30 lions and 8 leopards.
– Accommodation is in basic tents (10 feet square and 6 feet tall). It is “real camping” and all guests need to bring their own sleeping bag as well as a towel (or these can be hired for a small fee). The tents have foam mattresses and pillows and are insect-proof.
– Each tent has its own flush toilet and safari shower located behind the tent.
– All meals are prepared by the camp cook. Mineral water is provided in camp and on game drives and the camp bar has wine, beer and soft drinks available for sale at reasonable prices.
– The big attraction is being in small campsites in exclusive wildlife conservancies with activity packed itineraries and excellent guides and with game drives in shared open-sided 4×4 safari vehicles, not vans.
– This camping safari has been designed to offer the same high quality wildlife safari experience provided by the top-end safari camps, with 4×4 game viewing escorted by top class guides and in exclusive wildlife conservancies away from the tourist minibuses, but at a hugely reduced price by staying in small basic adventure camps, “real camping” instead of the luxury accommodation of the expensive up-market tented lodges.
– The Gamewatchers Adventure Camps are sited in private conservancies with a wealth of wildlife and where you can go on walks with Maasai guides and take night drives but they are also conveniently located for easy access to the Maasai Mara Reserve.
Our Adventure Camping safaris are perfect for those for whom the wildlife safari experience is more important than the accommodation and who are prepared to sleep in small tents in sleeping bags on a mattress on the floor with an element of “roughing it”. This gives an opportunity for an exceptional and exclusive wildlife experience with high quality guiding but at a fraction of the price.
Day 1: Fly from Wilson Aiport Nairobi to the Mara to be met by our driver-guide to transfer you to the Gamewatchers Adventure Camp in Ol Kinyei Conservancy, arriving in time for lunch. Later head out on an afternoon game drive in the conservancy to see some of the wildlife for which the Mara is famous. Return to camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Wake up at dawn and enjoy an early game drive in the conservancy on the look out for the big cats, returning to camp for a late breakfast followed by an escorted nature walk and then lunch. In the afternoon enjoy another gamedrive in the Ol Kinyei Conservancy with a night drive as you head back to camp driving in the dark with a spotlight for the chance to see the nocturnal animals. Dinner and overnight at camp in Ol Kinyei.
Day 3: An early breakfast followed by a full day of game viewing in the Mara Reserve, taking a picnic lunch. Return to the camp in the late afternoon for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: A final short early morning game drive in the conservancy followed by breakfast and then transfer to the airstrip for the one hour flight back to Nairobi arriving at Wilson Airport around 12.00 noon.
OL KINYEI ADVENTURE CAMP 4 DAYS, 3 NIGHTS (OL KINYEI CONSERVANCY, MASAI MARA): PRICES IN US$
Prices include: At Wilson Airport, board morning flight to Ol Seki or Ol Seki Airstrip, met and transfer to Ol Kinyei Adventure Camp in the Ol Kinyei Conservancy, spend 3 nights. On the last day, transfer to Ol Seki or Ol Seki Airstrip to board morning flight to Wilson Airport. Ol Kinyei Adventure Camp is based on full board basis, mineral water, return conservancy airstrip transfers, daily Ol Kinyei & Naboisho Conservancy fees and one day Masai Mara Game Reserve entrance fee, day & night shared game drives in open sided 4×4 safari vehicle with qualified guide, sundowners and walks with Maasai warriors.
Please select your currency:
PER ADULT SHARING TWIN TENT (3 NIGHT PACKAGE)
SINGLE SUPP (PER PACKAGE)
PER CHILD SHARING (PACKAGE)
EXTRA NIGHT PER ADULT SHARING TWIN TENT
Prices are subject to currency fluctuations and may change.
NB camp operates between 1 July – 31 October and 15 December – 31 Mar. Minimum stay is 3 nights.
Child rates (applicable for children aged 10 to 16 years):
1 child sharing with 2 adults, child pays child package price above while the 2 adults pay per adult sharing rate.
1 child sharing with 1 adult, child pays child package price above while the 1 adult pays single adult rate.
2 or 3 children sharing in own tent, each child pays 75% of per adult rate.
Camp not recommended for children aged under 10 years.
Sleeping Bag & Towel: supplement for hire of sleeping bag and towel (for clients not bringing their own): US$ 30 per person for the duration of the stay at camp.
Exclusive Use of Vehicle: sole use of the open sided 4×4 safari vehicle during game drive US$ 375 per vehicle per day.
Late Afternoon Departure: Late departure from camp after 10.00 a.m. is US$ 150 per person – minimum 2 people (includes lunch and activities before departure in the late afternoon with transfer to airstrip. Guests are required to check out of their tent by 10.00).
Flight supplement to Mombasa: for flying from Masai Mara to Diani/Ukunda/Moi Airport instead of flying to Nairobi US$ 430 per adult & US$ 285 per child 08 – 11 years (one way flight). Includes late departure charge & mandatory US$80 park fee.
Extra night rate: for every 2 or 3 night stay one visit into Masai Mara National Reserve is included. Extra night rates include activities on the Conservancy but any extra visit into the National Reserve is subject to the Reserve fee of US$ 80 per adult per day / US$ 45 per child (aged 10 to 18 years) per day on top of above rates.
Booking Enquiries: click the button below to obtain more information:
Concerned about the security of your booking and your own safety while on safari?
We fully appreciate your concerns when it comes to booking a safari in Africa and you can rest assured that your financial security when booking and your own personal safety when on safari is our highest priority. Gamewatchers Safaris is a member of the Kenya Association of Tour Operators bonding scheme, backed by a leading insurance company, to ensure your payments are fully protected if a bonded KATO member ceases trading.