An unforgettable adventure into “The Pride Lands” …
With the much-anticipated live-action remake of Disney’s “The Lion King” released this month, we have put together a special 10 day safari, following in the paw prints of Simba and his friends.
Come and meet some of the characters in their natural environment: lion cubs like Simba and Nala, majestic adults like Mufasa and Scar – and not forgetting Pumbaa the warthog, Zazu the hornbill and those pesky hyenas – Shenzi, Banzai & Ed.
Lion and Cub near Porini Camp by guest Alan Dahl
Various locations in Kenya were the inspiration for the original 1994 animation and the new photo-realistic version is produced with computer-generated images, but based on real video footage taken in Kenya.
- 1 night in Nairobi Tented Camp, Nairobi National Park
- 2 nights in Porini Amboseli Camp, Selenkay Conservancy, Amboseli
- 2 nights in Porini Rhino Camp, Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Laikipia
- 2 nights in Rhino River Camp, Meru National Park
- 2 nights in Porini Lion Camp, Olare Motorogi Conservancy
Extra nights can be added at any of the camps.
Game drives in 4×4 from Porini Camps
Your Lion King adventure will start in Nairobi National Park, with a visit to the famous Elephant Orphanage, continue to Selenkay Conservancy & Amboseli with views of the impressive Mt Kilimanjaro, then to Ol Pejeta Conservancy which is home to the World’s last two Northern White Rhinos.
You will continue to Meru National Park, well known for another famous lion “Elsa”, and finally to Olare Motorogi Conservancy, staying at Porini Lion Camp and visiting the world-famous Masai Mara National Reserve.
Olare Motorogi and the surrounding Conservancies have the highest density of free-roaming lions in Africa, as discovered by the Mara Lion Project who conducted extensive research into lion locations and behaviour in 2016. Prides residing within Olare Motorogi Conservancy include the Oldikidiki Pride and the Ridge Pride.
Lion and Cheetah near Porini Camp by guest Alan Dahl
Lion Cub near Porini Camp by guest Alan Dahl
Wildlife and Safari Highlights:
- This is an authentic safari experience staying in small exclusive camps with spacious guest tents, comfortably furnished with private bathrooms, solar lights and located in attractive unspoiled natural settings.
- Flights are included between the camps to get you straight to the wildlife without spending hours travelling between the parks over rough roads.
- Game drives from the camps are in shared 4×4 safari vehicles (not vans) with professional safari guides. (Private vehicles available at a supplement).
- Walks with Maasai warriors, visit to authentic Maasai village, opportunity for night game drives, exclusive wilderness areas with no tourist minibuses.
- The Porini Safari Camps are small and exclusive and run on the same environmentally sound principles – working closely with the local communities. All camps are specially designed to have minimum impact with no permanent structures.
- The Rhino River Camp, is designed with its own private “meditation” area. Here one can unwind, meditate, read a novel or simply sit back and listen to the sounds of the river. Designed in contemporary style with subtle hints of Africa, the rooms are very pleasant yet unobtrusive and elegant.
- At the camps all meals, drinks (wine, gin & tonic, beer, sodas, mineral water), day and night game drives by 4×4, guided walks and sundowners are included in the price.
Lion Cubs near Porini Camp by guest Joseph Lam