Rhinos & Big Cats Safari – departs Sunday 1st December 2019
Join us in Kenya on a safari that has been designed especially for photographers or people who just enjoy taking photographs and would like to improve their technique.
Our photo safari focuses on Kenya’s finest wildlife areas, where you will have the rare opportunity to see and photograph rhino – including the World’s last two remaining Northern White Rhino – and can get off the beaten track to observe and photograph lions, leopards, cheetahs and much more where the animals are completely wild and free in their natural habitat.
This escorted photographic safari offers a great opportunity to view & photograph Africa’s iconic animals under expert guidance & tuition from award winning wildlife photographer Paolo Torch. He is also a Kenya Professional Safari Guide (KPSGA certificate Bronze level).
Paolo was the first monthly winner, of the Greatest Masai Mara Photographer of the year 2018.
The Porini Safari Experience
A Porini Safari is the ideal safari for the true wildlife enthusiast who wishes to get close to nature to enjoy an undisturbed personal adventure with a knowledgeable and qualified safari guide, using customised open-sided 4×4 safari vehicles and escorted nature walks in private Conservancy areas.
Accommodation on this safari is at Porini Rhino Camp, Porini Mara Camp and Porini Lion Camp which are small and authentic safari bush camps. Here you will escape from the crowds and experience the African wilderness with the personal attention of your Porini Guides and Paolo Torchio.
From the camps, you will be taken on day and night game drives in custom-built, open-sided 4×4 safari vehicles with a driver-guide and a spotter, allow for maximum visual coverage. They are 3 tier and are spacious and comfortable, with access to an open window for each photographer.
Transport from Nairobi is by scheduled flights to avoid a long journey over bumpy roads and to give more time to viewing the wildlife.
The Mara Conservancies have the highest density of free-roaming lions in Africa, as well as leopards, cheetahs, elephants and much more. The pristine, natural environment attracts many species and provides the ideal location for viewing Africa’s iconic wildlife.
The conservancies are formed of pristine wilderness with open savannah plains, riverine forest, springs, streams and rivers, rolling hills and spectacular views.
Conservancies allow for a maximum of 1 vehicle per 1,400 acreas, which offers the opportunity to view and photograph the wildlife in peace and without masses of other vehicles.
Prices are Fully Inclusive of:
- Small group for the safari, with each person guaranteed a “window” seat in the open-sided 4×4 safari vehicle under the guidance and tuition of Paolo Torchio.
- Sundowners at scenic spots where you can try to capture those postcard perfect African sunsets
- Game drives in the Selenkay Conservancy, Amboseli National Park, Ol Kinyei & Naboisho Conservancies and the Masai Mara National Reserve
- Off-road driving advantages get you closer to the wildlife and away from crowds
- The price includes scheduled domestic flights from / to Nairobi and between the camps. Luggage allowance is 15 kg per person, additional allowance of up to 75 kg per person can be arranged (supplement applies).
- Accommodation at Porini Rhino Camp, Porini Mara Camp and Porini Lion Camp, three small eco camps located in private Conservancy areas.
- Safari is fully inclusive of all meals, selected drinks, day & night game drives in custom-built 4×4 safari vehicles with expert guides, bush picnics and sundowners, conservancy and Mara park fees and all taxes.