Lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino; the Big Five, all roam through Kenya. This 4 night, 5 day Safari combines two of Kenya’s finest wildlife areas to enable you to have your own Big Five encounter:
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy, the largest rhino conservancy in East Africa in a vast tract of wilderness within the Laikipia area, overlooking snow-capped Mount Kenya. Elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard all present.
- The Mara, famous for the spectacular wildebeest migration between June and October every year and excellent for lion and cheetah.
Accommodation is in two camps that complement each other perfectly – staying first at Porini Rhino Camp in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, followed by Porini Lion Camp in the Olare Motorogi Conservancy adjacent to the Mara Reserve. The Safari Camps are small and exclusive and run on the same environmentally sound principles – working closely with the local communities. All camps are specially designed to have minimum impact with no permanent structures.
Big Five Safari Highlights:
- Transfers between each camp are on our scheduled air service with a flight to get you straight to the wildlife without spending hours travelling between the parks over rough roads.
- Game drives from the camps in shared 4×4 safari vehicles (not vans) with excellent guides. (Private vehicles available at a supplement).
- Walks with Maasai warriors, opportunity for night game drives, exclusive wilderness areas with no tourist minibuses.
- An authentic safari experience staying in small exclusive camps with spacious guest tents, comfortably furnished with private bathrooms, solar lights and located in attractive unspoilt natural settings.
- At the camps all meals, drinks (wine, gin and tonic, beer, sodas, mineral water), game drives, walks, night drives and sundowners are included in the price.
- Porini Rhino Camp also includes visits to Baraka the Black Rhino & Ol Pejeta’s Information Centre and the Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Optional activities at Ol Pejeta include: The Endangered Species Boma (to see the World’s last 2 remaining Northern White Rhino), Lion Tracking, Riding with Rhinos and Junior Rangers.