Eden Nairobi is a smart and stylish boutique hotel. The hotel borders the Giraffe Sanctuary forest on the outskirts of Nairobi and sits on a four-acre private property within large wooded grounds where monkeys, warthogs and parrots roam freely – One of the highlights here is the wonderful relaxation and restaurant area built at the back of the house with a large dam and peacocks strutting peacefully by. The quiet location in the suburbs of Nairobi offers guests an immediate connection to a deeply authentic expression of the famous artists and designers Tonio and Anna Trezbinksi family’s Kenyan home, their history and adventures. The quirky and beautifully designed house and studios are adorned with bright and unusual artworks.
The Nairobi National Park, the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Karen Blixen Museum, and the Giraffe Centre are all within a short driving distance and the hotel is within easy reach of Nairobi’s most interesting restaurants, eclectic shopping experiences and artist studios.
Eden is made up of the main house and Tonio’s studio. Both buildings are available for exclusive hire. The main house offers an open plan drawing and dining room area, a large veranda, and 3 ensuite bedrooms. Tonio’s studio: Tonio’s former art studio offers a separate open plan drawing and dining room area, 2 ensuite bedrooms, and 3 separate studio lofts. Every room at Eden is designed and decorated with stunning treetop views of the grounds.
The 8 bedroom former family home has been transformed into a living museum and private gallery space that is filled with the family’s own artworks and creations, as well as Tonio and Anna Trezbinksi’s personal library and artefacts that have been collected over a lifetime from across the continent.
No of rooms: 5 double rooms & 3 twin rooms made up of Main House rooms & Studios.
- Master Bedroom: The master bedroom features a super king size bed as well as a large daybed, walk-in wardrobe and private outdoor veranda with stunning forest views. The ensuite bathroom is beautifully finished with wood panelled walls and complete with a large shower and separate bathtub.
- Lana & Tacha’s Room: This room features a king size bed and ensuite bathroom with a large bathtub, over the bath shower and views into the tree canopy.
- Stas’ Room: This room forms a small private suite at the end of the corridor and features a king size bed with views of the tree canopy. It has a separate ensuite bathroom with large rain shower
- Garden View: This room features a king size bed and ensuite bathroom with a rain shower, separate bathtub and views overlooking the kitchen garden.
- Forest View: This room features a king size bed and ensuite bathroom with a rain shower, separate bathtub and views overlooking the forest.
- Studio Loft 1, 2 & 3: These 3 double storey studio lofts offer an ideal living space with an open plan design featuring large glass windows. Located on the ground floor, all bedrooms include a king size bed (which can be converted into a twin) and ensuite bathroom with a shower. Upstairs contains a comfortable living area with treetop views.
Every room at Eden is designed and decorated by Anna TRZEBINSKI, replete with works of art, and stunning views of the grounds. Each bedroom is equipped with filtered drinking water, mosquito nets, bathrobes, a hair dryer, natural bath and body products, an extension cable with adapter functionality and a safe.
Overlooking a beautiful lake of water and the neighbouring Giraffe Sanctuary forest, the hotel’s main restaurant and bar is open to hotel guests and external visitors for lunch and dinner by reservation only.
Eden features an extensive private collection of original artworks with paintings, sculptures and ceramics by Anna’s family. Tonio’s expressionistic canvases and extraordinary works on paper hang alongside Stas’ bronze sculptures and Lana’s delicate ceramics. Overall, the hotel is home to more than 200 works of art.
Accommodation for Artists:
Eden offers an Artist in residence accommodation encouraging artists and creatives to benefit from Eden’s serene surroundings and integrate with the local community. Featuring an open plan living and dining space with a double bedroom facing the kitchen garden, the Artist in Residence cottage is available for long stay rentals. This cottage can also convert into a twin and be rented as a room.