The camp is sited in a shady setting in a grove of Acacia trees within the Ol Kinyei Conservancy, in Masai Mara, an exclusive 17500 acre wilderness set aside as a wildlife sanctuary with a wide variety of species including all the big cats.The area has open plains, forests, rivers and stunning views.
The Gamewatchers Adventure Camp offers the same high quality wildlife safari experience provided by the top-end safari camps, with game viewing in 4×4 safari vehicles escorted by top class Maasai guides and spotters in an exclusive wildlife conservancy in the Mara far away from the tourist minibuses. This is at a hugely reduced price, achieved by staying in a more basic adventure camp, which is more like “real camping” instead of the luxury accommodation of the expensive up-market tented lodges.
The camp can be reached from Nairobi by daily scheduled light aircraft flights from Wilson Airport Nairobi to the nearby Naboisho Ol Seki airstrip. While at camp all safari transport for game drives is in shared 4×4 open-sided safari vehicle with expert guide.
- Accommodation is in small dome tents which accommodate 2 people (or can fit one child with 2 adults). The tents are 6 ft high and 10ft x 10ft square and insect-proof.
- Each tent has its own private bathroom in a cubicle located immediately behind the tent with flush toilet, wash basin and safari shower.
- Clients bring their own sleeping bag and a towel (or these can be hired at a small fee) and sleep on comfortable mattresses on the tent floor. Pillows are provided.
- The camp has staff on site 24 hours per day and all their services are included in the price. The camp service staff do all the work associated with camping, like washing up, heating water for showers, doing the cooking, serving the food and the daily house-keeping of cleaning the tents and bathrooms.
- An experienced safari cook at the camp prepares the daily meals. Food is of a high quality and all meals are included in the price. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the dining tent and picnic lunches are provided for full day safaris into the Mara Reserve.
- The camp is hosted by the safari guide, who is a professionally qualified guide with KPSGA certification
- Mineral water is provided daily at camp and on game drives and walks.
- Drinks other than mineral water are not included in the price but beer, wine and sodas are available at reasonable prices and guests may bring their own drinks if they wish.
- Game drives (shared) are taken to explore the conservancy in the camp’s four-wheel-drive customised safari vehicles taking a maximum of 6 passengers. Your driver-guide is a wildlife expert and certified by the Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association. On each game drive your vehicle will have a Maasai driver and a spotter.
- Most guests stay 3 nights (minimum stay is 2 nights) and the daily programmes include morning and evening game drives in the conservancy, night drives and escorted nature walks, as well as a full day in the Mara Reserve with a picnic lunch. Ol Kinyei Conservancy is a very exclusive wildlife reserve in the Mara eco-system, teeming with animals including over 30 lions and 8 leopards.