White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa is situated on the pristine sands of Paje beach, on the East coast of Zanzibar. The spacious luxury villas with their pool and recreational areas offer the utmost privacy in a natural setting, while the amenities deliver the highest standard of service: spa treatments and facilities, two restaurants, a rooftop champagne bar, a beach bar and a lounge, as well as a high-end kite surfing and water-sports center.
A family-run resort with a luxury standard, this sanctuary of peace and harmony promises an unforgettable barefoot experience. The Resort is a one hour road transfer from the Zanzibar airport (we arranger your transfers).
The resorts 4 hectares hosts only 11 villas and 3 Cinnamon rooms.
Each villa is located on a 1500 sq. m. of private plot delimited by lush gardens, with liveable area of 500 sq. meters of complete privacy. The unique architecture of each villa has been specially designed to blend in the natural beauty of the setting and is uncompromising when it comes to luxury standards. Interiors have been decorated with carefully selected antiques and highest quality designs. Each villa faces the seafront and consists of two units connected by a garden with a terrace and private pool. The main part of the villa is a day area with a stunning high-ceiling lounge and dining section. The second part is a resting area including bedroom with king-size bed, dressing closet, and bathroom with rain shower as well as outdoor bathtub.
The Beach front one bedroom villa is the most popular villa. Directly placed on the beachfront, this villa hosts 2 adults comfortably and is a perfect retreat for a peaceful and romantic holiday. The Family Two-bedroom villa is the ideal accommodation when traveling in small group or family. With its two en-suite 55 m² bedrooms connected by an external staircase, private pool, up to 750 m² of private recreational area and beautiful amenities. With 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, the Presidential villa offers privacy and space for up to 11 Adults. It includes a rooftop terrace with hot tub, a fully equipped kitchen, large living room and over 700 m² of private plot.
The Deluxe rooms are individual rooms located within the Presidential Five-bedroom Luxury Villa. Guests enjoy a luxurious 55 m² en-suite room while sharing villa amenities such as villa entrance, lounge and kitchen, as well as resort amenities. The Deluxe rooms with shared pool are individual rooms located within a Two-bedroom Villa. Guests enjoy a lavish en-suite room while sharing common villa amenities such as villa entrance, pool and lounge with another room. There is also a 75 m² master en-suite deluxe room is located within the Presidential Five-bedroom Villa. It is on the top floor and includes a private rooftop terrace with hot tub as well as a large bathroom with indoor rain shower and bathtub.
The budget cinnamon rooms are ideal for travelers wishing to compromise between luxury and budget. The Cinnamon double room includes an en-suite bedroom, terrace, outdoor hot tub and private garden. The Cinnamon rooms are within one villa, with garden view and close to 100 meters from the beach.
The cinnamon quadruple room includes two bedrooms (one king size bed and two twin beds), and one bathroom. The room is garden view, with a private entrance and garden. The beach is close to 100 meters from the room. The Cinammon Family room includes two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living area as well as private entrance, garden and an outdoor hot tub.
|Room Type||Number of rooms in that Category||Room Occupancy||Extra beds
|Beachfront One-bedroom villa||5||2||1 ad. or 2 ch,|
|Family Two-bedroom Villa||5||4||1 ad. or 2 ch,|
|– Deluxe room with shared pool (adult only)||4||2||No|
|Presidential Five-bedroom villa||1||10||1 ad. or 2 ch,|
|– Deluxe room (adult only)||2||2||No|
|– Deluxe room with hot tub (adult only)||1||2||No|
|– Deluxe Family room with private pool||1||4||No|
|Cinnamon Double Room with hot tub||1||2||1 extra bed|
|Cinnamon Quadruple room||1||4||No|
|Cinnamon Family room with hot tub||1||4||No|
The Doors to Zanzibar restaurant is the main restaurant with an upscale atmosphere and a la carte menu. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers an intimate experience whether dining on the terrace or in the high ceiling room with its central nacre chandelier.
The Beach restaurant is open during lunchtime only (subject to weather conditions) and is the perfect spot for a lunch on the beach, the intimate restaurant is in a shaded area with a stunning view on the white sand and turquoise waters of Paje beach. The restaurant serves fresh seafood and meat barbecue, salads and healthy smoothies (a la carte also possible).
There is a beach bar that ensures you get your dose of sun and pina colada but also water and a casual atmosphere for a beachy day. Opening may be subject to weather conditions.
The lounge bar offers comfortable seating in a design atmosphere, completed with a pool table and library. Relax there with a smoothie, coffee or cocktail and Wi-Fi (available for free throughout the resort).
The Champagne bar offers a stunning view on the resort and sunset, it is open daily in the evening. You will also find one of the best view of the starry African night sky and they could install a telescope upon request. The Champagne bar can be privatized on request.
In-room dining is possible at any time. A room service menu is available in your room and extra charges may apply. Feeling romantic? A special set up on the beach can be organized for you and love one(s) – just advise at least 24 hours in advance (setup charges apply).
Activities and Experiences
There is plenty to do at the resort for Guests of all ages.
- Zanzibar Kite Paradise is a kite school located on the paradise spot of Paje, within the Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa resort. With its year-round winds, calm shallow waters and idyllic sandy beach, Paje is well-known as one of the top kitesurfing spots in the world. The resorts our own high-end Kitesurf club: Zanzibar Kite Paradise is focused on providing quality service, high-end equipment and an unrivaled experience.
- For the spa cosmetics and treatments, White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa resort have partnered with Healing Earth, harnessing the restorative powers of the continent’s rich natural resources, the therapists use locally sourced products produced by local communities and are based on seaweed, coconut and spices found in Zanzibar.
- White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa resort offers access to an outdoor fitness center, free group activities such as yoga and relaxation, as well as private coaching fitness or yoga sessions (subject to availability).
- Sultans Journey: A unique experience on a luxuriously renovated traditional boat (dhow), the cruise is a private and the crew will take you to a hidden sand bank in the middle of the Indian Ocean where you will feel like royalty.
- The Rock Restaurant: A unique venue just 20 minutes away by car transfer located on a rock in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
- Scenic Flights: Views from above are a beautiful way to see Zanzibar and the archipelago of islands which make.
- Boat Charters: Apart from the Sultan Cruise, the charter of boats such as catamaran is also possible, as well as fishing expeditions.
- Diving: Zanzibar has beautiful corals and sea life. Get certified or practice diving in beautiful locations, you might even see dolphins!
- Kite Surfing: Paje is one of the best kite surfing spots in the world and the dedicated water sports center, Zanzibar Kite Paradise will accompany you every step of the way.
- Spice tours: Zanzibar is also famously called “The Spice Island” in reference to its large export of cloves and spices.
- Island hopping and snorkeling: Zanzibar is an archipelago of island with white sandy beaches, sand banks, turquoise water and beautiful sea life. Island hopping is a wonderful way to experience the best that Zanzibar has to offer.
- Stone town tour: Discover the heart of the island of Zanzibar, a UNESCO Heritage site with its unique blend of African, Indian and Muslim cultures, a vibrant community and main shopping district. Just an hour away by car transfer, a visit in Stone Town can be paired with an island hopping experience in Prison Island for a full day excursion.
- A main swimming pool with a neighboring paddle pool for children and lounge chairs for the ultimate beach-side relaxation.
- Sunbathe comfortably with our sunbeds by the mail pool and on the beach, in the shade of umbrellas and large tents on the beach.
- Children’s playground including a trampoline, swings and a slide, all located in a shaded area. Child minding may be organized (subject to availability, charges apply).
- Bicycle rentals: Free for rental for all guests, ideal to drive to the neighboring Paje village (1 km) or move through the resort.
- Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa is nestled in lush gardens, that are meticulously cared for. The resort produces its own organic locally grown vegetables, fruits and herbs in the vegetable garden.
- A game room with toys, movies and board games is available by the Reception.
- Guests may also use the petanque grounds, pool table and ping pong table.
- The fitness area is an outdoor space with apparatus, yoga mats and weights.
- A boutique with Tanzanite jewelry, souvenirs and possibility to design custom tailored designs in 24 hours.
Thanks to its very private villas, lush gardens and ideal placement on the beachfront, Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa offers a beautiful romantic experience and pampered stay.
- Weddings: The resort can host and organize weddings, including an official ceremony. Please note that due to the small resort size (11 villas and 3 rooms), they cannot host weddings larger than for 65 guests staying overnight. We recommend to book well in advance (at least a year) for a privatized experience of the resort.
- Honeymoons: White Sand Luxury Villas offer a special package with complimentary attentions such as Spa treatment, bottle of bubbly wine on arrival, flower arrangement and more. This offer is subject to terms and conditions.