This short Bwindi itinerary is ideal to add on to most of our Kenya safaris that include the Mara. This is made possible using the Mara-Entebbe scheduled flight which then connects to Bwindi.
The Mara-Entebbe flight departs at 08:45 am via Kisumu for immigration to arrive at 11:30 am, approximately. You then connect to Bwindi on the 12:45 pm flight that arrives at 13:55 pm, approximately. Flight connections are only possible to Kihihi airstrip as Kisoro airstrip is only served by a morning flight out of Entebbe. Clients have a choice of the following accommodations and will be able to track gorillas in the Buhoma sector:
- Silverback Lodge
- Mahogany Springs Lodge
- Buhoma Lodge
- Bwindi Lodge
- Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp
Note: Due to lack of suitable accommodations options in Ruhija, it is possible to track gorillas while staying in Buhoma area. Transfer charges are extra and driving time is approximately 1.5 hours each way.
Important Notes on Gorilla Permits
- Gorilla Permits are US$600 per person per trek (ALL YEAR).
- Once purchased, gorilla permits are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- There is a minimum age of 15 years for gorilla treks.
- Additional Gorilla Permits must be pre-booked / paid if gorilla tracking on the additional (optional) day.
- All Gorilla Permits need to be purchased at the time of booking or a deposit equivalent to 25% of the cost of the safari paid, whichever is higher.
- Gorilla viewing is subject to availability of permits, which are limited.
- Permit prices are subject to change without notice.