Rivertrees Country Inn is nestled between Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru within attractive gardens along the Usa River. Combining old world ambiance, African country elegance, excellent farm cuisine, personal service and a genuine warmth from your hosts, Rivertrees is simply a magical place to stay.
It is the perfect choice of accommodation for the visitor looking for peace and quiet, away from the hustle and bustle of a city hotel. It is located near the village of Usa-River, a twenty-minute drive from Arusha along the Moshi Road . Kilimanjaro Airport is a mere twenty minutes away with daily connections to Europe and beyond.
Rivertrees is a small country inn accommodating up to 24 guests, guaranteeing privacy, personal attention and service. The eight self-contained guest rooms are located in the main farmhouse or within the spacious gardens. The two ‘River Cottages’ offer private decks and wood burning fire places.
Emphasis is on providing comfortable accommodation, each room individually styled and uniquely furnished with it’s own character.
“Each room and the main house at Rivertrees tells a different story stamped with its own character – the result of care and attention. From the moment you put your bags down you feel as though you have come home. Add to this great home cooking, friendly and genuine staff and you have the perfect receipe for a true Home from Home.” Quote – Colleen Hogg, Managing Director of africantravelreview.
Nature, harmony and well being are the focal point at Rivertrees Country Inn with acres of lush and mature gardens ,where you can relax or walk undisturbed under the shade of many trees. The old farm house, restaurant and pub have a cosy feel and complement the surroundings. Inviting fire places ward off the evening chill and country style kitchens round off the picture of a peaceful African home.
Cherished photographs and furnishings reflect life of a bygone era and paintings and book shelves line the walls.
Email, fax, internet services, a small gift shop, satellite T.V and laundry services are also available.
Rivertrees offers excellent country cuisine, using fresh fruit, herbs and vegetables grown in the Rivertrees gardens. The aroma of freshly baked bread, herbs and spices wafting in from the kitchens will peek your appetite. Rivertrees also specializes in catering for seminars, weddings, conferences, and corporate workshops for incentive groups and other special occasions.
- Rivertrees abounds with birdlife, making it a haven for ornithological enthusiasts.
- Beyond the gardens, grass lined pathways lead to the Usa River that flows through the property. Shaded by beautiful old trees, the river is a study of peace and calm.
- The pool is located near the river and surrounded by sights and sounds of nature.
- Rivertrees can arrange Horseback riding in the countryside, be it short excursions or longer trails with prior notice.
- Visits to a neighbouring village to view the local culture, a colourful craft market or a coffee plantation can also be arranged
- Rivertrees can organise day tours, transfers and walking trips.
- In nearby Arusha, guests can enjoy a game of golf, a modern gym, tennis and squash courts as well as a visit to the museum, casino and night clubs. Modern shops offer a wide variety of goods.
- Rivertrees is also a popular ‘stepping stone’ with mountain hikers and climbers alike. The altitude at Rivertrees (approximately 1,150M above sea level) is perfect to acclimatize for Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meruli – just a stone throw away!