Amongst the newest lodges in Rwanda, opened in June 2017, Bisate Lodge enjoys a spectacular natural setting at the heart of an amphi-theatre formed by eroded volcano cones. Bisate Lodge has a long-term commitment to responsible eco-tourism and conservation of Rwanda’s incredible natural heritage.
Bisate’s sophisticated architectural and interior design is rooted in Rwandan building tradition as exemplified in the design of the Royal Palace of the traditional monarch. This spherical, synthetic thatched structure echoes the thousands of hills that dot the Rwandan landscape, while the richly detailed interior exhibits surfaces and screens made from a variety of woven materials with strong resonance in Rwandan culture.
Bisate is within easy driving distance of Park Headquarters, from where gorilla treks depart daily. Its vision of reforestation and rehabilitation means that each guest is invited to participate in their biodiversity conservation efforts, as well as engage and meet the local community – in addition to learning about and making a far-reaching positive impact on an iconic Critically Endangered species: the mountain gorilla.
Bisate Lodge can accommodate 12 guests and 04 guide/pilot/tour leaders sharing in six spacious suites, each with beautiful views of the forest and distant peaks of Volcanoes National Park. Full en suite bathrooms are generously designed with a walk-in shower, twin basins, a large bathtub and plenty of luxurious amenities.
There are 06 units in total comprising:
– 06 twin-bedded villas, with double bed conversions possible.Plus guide/pilot/tour leader accommodation comprising:
– 02 single rooms with twin beds and shared en-suite facilities (not of the same standard as a guest villa).
– En-suite facilities with indoor shower, bathtub and double basin vanity, separate toilet, fireplace, easy chairs, luggage rack, tea and coffee making facilities, electronic safe and mini-bar.
– Complimentary wireless internet connection in villa only.
– Two way emergency radios have been fitted in the villas at Bisate Lodge and may be used by guests to contact camp management in the event of an emergency only. Said radios are on a closed circuit and inter-villa communication is not available.
– Bathrobes, liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner, body lotion, insect repellent, shower caps, vanity kit with cotton tipped swabs and cotton balls, tissue dispenser, washing powder (for smalls), umbrella and room spray are supplied in each villa.
You are accommodated on an all-inclusive basis, with home-style meals prepared using the best local ingredients. Pair your meals with something from the well-stocked wine cellar.
From the outside, Bisate’s structures mimic traditional huts on the while interiors are sumptuous, offering comfort, warmth and luxury. In addition to six spacious suites, the lodge has a large living area with fireplaces and a cosy wine cellar. You will be able to enjoy walks through the 26-hectare reserve and learn about the reforestation project. The national park headquarters are located within easy driving distance, from where gorilla treks depart daily.
Bisate operates using eco-friendly principles including recycling water and waste, harvesting rainwater, and generating solar energy for power.