Visas are required for all visitors to Kenya, except for Nationals of the following countries who DO NOT need a Kenya visa:
Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei, Burundi, Cyprus, Darussalam, Dominica, Fiji Island, Ghana, Grenada, Jamaica, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia (for less than 30 day stay), Maldives, Mauritius, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa (for less than 30 day stay), St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, The Bahamas, Trinidad, Tobago, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia & Zimbabwe
Nationals of all other countries require a visa.
From 2 July 2015 visitors will be able to apply and obtain visas online (eVisa). Applications must be made at least 7 working days prior to travel to give time for the application to be processed.
• Click https://account.ecitizen.go.ke/visitor-registration to register and then submit the Kenyan Visa Application
• Pay using Visa card, Mastercard and other debit cards.
• Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
• Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
• The Visa processing fee is non refundable.
• Incomplete applications will be rejected.
• The possession of an eVisa is not the final authority to enter The Republic of Kenya.
• Engaging in any form of business or employment without a requisite permit or pass is an offence.
• A visa is required prior to entry into The Republic of Kenya.
• The e-Visa printout must be presented at the port of entry.
All visitors who require a Kenya Visa and who are arriving on or after 1 September 2015 must apply online for the eVisa.
Travelling in July or August 2015?
For visitors* arriving into Kenya before 31 August 2015 visas can still be obtained from the Kenyan Embassies / High Commissions in their country prior to departure OR on arrival at the airport in Nairobi or Mombasa.
If you are planning to obtain a Visa on arrival during July / August 2015 you can download the visa form and print this out to complete the details in advance, ready for presentation at Immigration.
Currently the visa fee is US$50. Please note that if you obtain the visa on arrival at the airport, payment should be made in US$ cash banknotes and the immigration officers do not accept credit cards or travellers' cheques, so you will need to have the exact amount in cash.
* Please note that citizens of the following countries do need to have a Kenya Visa prior to arrival in Kenya (and cannot obtain one on arrival):
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cameroon, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Eritrea, Iraq, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Palestine, Senegal, Somali, Syria & Tajikistan