4 days (3 nights) including scheduled flights from / to Nairobi. Daily departures Jul - Oct & mid Dec - Mar.
Premium game drives are in 4x4 vehicles within the game-filled private Ol Kinyei Conservancy and a full day is spent in the official Masai Mara National Reserve. Ol Kinyei Conservancy is a very exclusive wildlife reserve in the Mara eco-system, teeming with animals including over 30 lions and 8 leopards.
- Accommodation is in small 2-man dome tents. It is “real camping” and all guests need to bring their own sleeping bag as well as a towel. The tents have foam mattresses and pillows and are insect-proof.
- Each tent has its own flush toilet and safari shower located behind the tent.
- All meals are prepared by the camp cook. Mineral water is provided in camp and on game drives and the camp bar has wine, beer and soft drinks available for sale at reasonable prices.
- The big attraction is being in small campsites in exclusive wildlife conservancies with activity packed itineraries and excellent guides and with game drives in open-sided 4x4 safari vehicles, not vans.
- This camping safari has been designed to offer the same high quality wildlife safari experience provided by the top-end safari camps, with 4x4 game viewing escorted by top class guides and in exclusive wildlife conservancies away from the tourist minibuses, but at a hugely reduced price by staying in small basic adventure camps, “real camping” instead of the luxury accommodation of the expensive up-market tented lodges.
- The Gamewatchers Adventure Camps are sited in private conservancies with a wealth of wildlife and where you can go on walks with Maasai guides and take night drives but they are also conveniently located for easy access to the Maasai Mara Reserve.
Our Adventure Camping safaris are perfect for those for whom the wildlife safari experience is more important than the accommodation and who are prepared to sleep in small tents in sleeping bags on a mattress on the floor with an element of “roughing it”. This gives an opportunity for an exceptional and exclusive wildlife experience with high quality guiding but at a fraction of the price.
Day 1: Fly from Wilson Aiprort Nairobi to the Mara to be met by our driver-guide to transfer you to the Gamewatchers Adventure Camp in Ol Kinyei Conservancy, arriving in time for lunch. Later head out on an afternoon game drive in the conservancy to see some of the wildlife for which the Mara is famous. Return to camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Wake up at dawn and enjoy an early game drive in the conservancy on the look out for the big cats, returning to camp for a late breakfast followed by an escorted nature walk and then lunch. In the afternoon enjoy another gamedrive in the Ol Kinyei Conservancy with a night drive as you head back to camp driving in the dark with a spotlight for the chance to see the nocturnal animals. Dinner and overnight at camp in Ol Kinyei.
Day 3: An early breakfast followed by a full day of game viewing in the Mara Reserve, taking a picnic lunch. Return to the camp in the late afternoon for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: A final short early morning game drive in the conservancy followed by breakfast and then transfer to the airstrip for the one hour flight back to Nairobi arriving at Wilson Airport around 12.00 noon.
Click here to view our price tables:View Prices
|DATES FROM||DATES TO||PER ADULT SHARING, PACKAGE||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT, PACKAGE||PER CHILD SHARING, PACKAGE||EXTRA NIGHT IN OL KINYEI MASAI MARA PER ADULT SHARING|
|15-Dec-12||31-Mar-13||1195 USD||165 USD||600 USD||245 USD|
|01-Jul-13||31-Oct-13||1195 USD||165 USD||600 USD||245 USD|
Prices are subject to currency fluctuations and may change.
If you wish to discuss your requirements with one of our expert safari consultants please call on:
KenyaTel: +254-774-136523 UKTel: 0870-471-7122 USATel: 1-877-710-3014